Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The farmer, across the road, actually invited me to come and search a field he had recently reclaimed. No research, no knowledge of the history, just a nice offer I couldn't refuse. Always happier searching a new area.

But, the ground is rocky, it ground tunes around 92! Very tough ground! I tried anyway.....
0607221526~2.jpg

0607221526a~2.jpg

These seem to be flattened bullets.
0607221527~2.jpg

Are these caps for a firearm?
0607221528~2.jpg

0607221528a~2.jpg

0607221528b~2.jpg

I do not know my ammo. :dontknow:

Whatcha think folks? Knowing I don't collect bullet shells. Think this field is worth a return trip?

Stay safe!
And thanks for peeking!

Last edited:
Upvote 18

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The farmer, across the road, actually invited me to come and search a field he had recently reclaimed. No research, no knowledge of the history, just a nice offer I couldn't refuse. Always happier searching a new area.

But, the ground is rocky, it ground tunes around 92! Very tough ground! I tried anyway.....
View attachment 2030920
View attachment 2030921

View attachment 2030922
View attachment 2030923
View attachment 2030924
View attachment 2030925

Whatcha think folks? Knowing I don't collect bullet shells. Think this field is worth a return trip?

Stay safe!
And thanks for peeking!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scrap price for brass shells is $2.30 to $2.70 a pound and lead is .25 to .45 so even if all your getting is some scrap and cleaning up the environment you are getting out and getting some exercise and enjoying the outdoors so maybe keep it on the backburner for days when you just want some digging time. I go out to a firing range where no one polices their shells and clean it up taking all the shells and throwing away all the trash so the area can stay open. I just wish a magnet could pick up brass. LOL

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you have a lot of the " stuff " out of the way, you can concentrate on the goodies that are waiting;)
I'd like to think that but honestly? I started skipping over those shells towards the end. It would be a full time job! :dontknow:

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 2030920
View attachment 2030921

View attachment 2030922
View attachment 2030923
View attachment 2030924
View attachment 2030925

Stay safe!
And thanks for peeking!
always cool to hunt new ground, bet you find some goodies.....

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumb question?
I'm assuming all those shells are modern day ammo? When did they start center fire ammo?

Thanks.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure all of it is modern. Some companies stamp the shell with maker/caliber/plant made at/ and year, but the year may only be 2 numbers. You can read that on some of your shells.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread