Glass Bottles and Jars... worth anything??

Oct 23, 2012
Lincolnton,NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0384.jpg IMAG0382.jpg IMAG0381.jpg
I'm new at stuff like this but it really catches my attention to go on hunts for cool antiques especially in the area I live which is rich with history, I :heart: it and would like to get more into treasure hunting. I recently found these two bottles one has a name on it, it's an emerald green and says "Sebastiani Vineyards Estab. 1825" & the other is a clear jug that says "One Gallon" across the front. I'm just curious if they're worth anything or if anyone can identify the age of these bottles. Thanks :hello:

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The simple answer is "maybe". Some stuff is very rare and highly sought by collectors. There are sooooo many different bottles you really have to be knowledgeable of what can be found in your area. You also need to learn the age styles. If it has a screw cap type lip, it's modern and is most likely junk. Then there are blown lips, applied lips, cut lips, machine molds, hand blown, etc, etc.

You also need to get to know the collectors in your area. Even a rare type/color of bottle is worthless if you don't have the right people to buy it.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
They are only worth what someone is willing to pay. I have several 100+ y. o. bitters and patent medicine bottles that many would consider junk. I couldn't give them away at the last big neighborhood garage sale. Common bottles are not valuble, check ebay to get an idea of what's valuble and what's not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread