What's new

Glass Cork?

cornspike

Full Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
156
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Old West
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-70, 5in dd coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was this used in a medicine or perfume bottle?
 

Attachments

  • glass cork.webp
    glass cork.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 431
Perfume bottle but maybe from one of those small viniger dispencers that would sit on a kitchen table.
 
Upvote 0
Thats hard to say as that type of stopper was widely used in the late 1800's-,for many glass containers
 
Upvote 0
Looks big for a glass perfume stopper. I have seen vinegar and oil bottles with stoppers like that.
 
Upvote 0
I remember those from glass containers with hydrochloric acid in them back when I was in high school in our lab. Guess that was before everything became child-proof. ::)

Al
 
Upvote 0
Too big for perfume....have found quite a few. I think that type of top were on medicinal bottles....although I am not an expert.
 
Upvote 0
Nailbender said:
Perfume bottle but maybe from one of those small viniger dispencers that would sit on a kitchen table.
While all the answers above are good and this shape may have been used for many type bottles, the 1911 Illinois Glass Company book shows this shape stopper used in Perfumers' Ware, stoppered extract bottle no.1773.
 

Attachments

  • MVC-036F.webp
    MVC-036F.webp
    71.6 KB · Views: 337
  • bottle perfume ware 1773.webp
    bottle perfume ware 1773.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 324
Upvote 0
Awesome ID Big Cy :headbang:
Mike
 
Upvote 0
Yes and the rainbow effect shows aging.
 
Upvote 0
Nice ID. Thanks to all...
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom