Glitch with MLRS closed mining claims

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check your claims, MLRS has closed some mining clams that didn't update the $ due date when a small miners waver was filed.
reply from BLM
>MLRS completed a process to close out all claims that didn't have the date changed to 9/1/2022. Unfortunately a lot of the claims were inadvertently closed when they shouldn't have been. We are working to figure out which ones those are and correct them, yours being one of them. It will be changed back to active soon. Please let me know if you don't see that change by the end of the day.

Upvote 4

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is a much bigger problem than most realize. It's not just Small Miners. So far it looks like a problem in all the lower 48 mining states (Alaska uses a different system). I'll have more details as I get my databases updated with the current MLRS data. Hopefully this weekend I'll have some accurate figures for how deep this goes.

In the meantime I STRONGLY suggest mining claim owners determine their claim case file status with the BLM.

Heavy Pans
I think you will find out that this goes deeper then you know.

You may also want to "Notice" other "Officers" as well.

The databases still have no real effect on the "Affidavit" that is recorded at the County records.

There is a long time frame required for the databases to be "Updated / corrected"

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some will say that this has been going on for a long time.

Some will also say this is not the big problem as you may come to think it is as the "Courts" have no problems sorting this out very quickly and there is no communication issues as well.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
By the way the term "Affidavit" is defined in the Oregon code. I also have the Comparative Legislation: Cal, Iowa Code, Montana.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting , I just checked with the blm and the 2 claims I paid full maintance fees on are listed as filled, on the claim next to mine on the NF. Salmon River witch has 2 owners , the first owner is listed as filled and the second claiment is listed as closed, was this finally a correction, what happened was there was a claim flipper who sold the claim to the first buyer but did not check with county recorders office to see if the claim was still active and relying on BLM info resold the claim on ebay, I went after the claim flipper and he retired from doing that.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting , I just checked with the blm and the 2 claims I paid full maintance fees on are listed as filled, on the claim next to mine on the NF. Salmon River witch has 2 owners , the first owner is listed as filled and the second claiment is listed as closed, was this finally a correction, what happened was there was a claim flipper who sold the claim to the first buyer but did not check with county recorders office to see if the claim was still active and relying on BLM info resold the claim on ebay, I went after the claim flipper and he retired from doing that.
You will find that there is a long time frame to "Update / correct" however like I said before this has very little effect on your "Affidavit" on record at the County.
The "Courts" are aware of this so when push comes to shove most issues will quickly get "Updated / corrected".

You do not have access to every thing as far as 'internal communications' goes.
There is only one "State Officer" that I know of that has the authority in the code to "Audit" all of this.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You will experience less issues / pain if you are willing to research past the 'surface'.

Like I have pointed out before 'No pain no gain'.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread