What's new

Gloves for detecting

native conch

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
south florida
Detector(s) used
white's mxt300,white's bhid300,garrett ace 250 and minelab excalibur2
Hi everyone! Does anyone who uses gloves while detecting have any suggestions on a quality durable glove with good sensitivity.I have gone through 7 pairs of different types in my first year detecting.Thanks for any help.
 
kangaroo --tough as nails --
 
I always us gloves. Not using them is tough on the fingers and hands.

I go to Lowe's.....they have a mechanics glove that has a leather palm and fingers with a velcro adjustment. Makes for a very tactile glove. I can pick up a dime with no problem.

Cost about 18 bucks. Well worth it. I've had them for almost 2 years. Still like new. I use them almost every day.
 
My favorites to date are Wells Lamont Nitrile coated that came from Lowes. I don't remember exactly but they weren't expensive at all. These are in the gardening section and are the thinnist of the coated gloves.
 

Attachments

  • HPIM1413.webp
    HPIM1413.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 367
  • HPIM1414.webp
    HPIM1414.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 385
I wear mechanix gloves. They are extremely durable and the sensitivity is great.
You can get them almost any hardware store, walmart, target, etc...
M7.jpg
 
Got mine at a detector shop. Almost like a dive glove. Even if the grass is wet and it's cold it will keep my hands warm. Can't remember the maker off the top of my head.
 
I use the same ones as Charlie P. They make a cheaper pair with the blue stuff but the coating is thin and comes off easily. The ones pictured have a thicker coating and last a long long time.
 
i use the black and tan carhart glove a little costly but strong same pair 2 years and found a lot of glass and cut up pop cans just a litttle nick gonna fix that tomorrow
 
Re: Why Use Gloves for detecting?

What do you use golves for?

I never tried them.

Can you find more treasure that way???

Just wonderin,

Tabdog
 
Charlie P. (NY) said:
My favorites to date are Wells Lamont Nitrile coated that came from Lowes. I don't remember exactly but they weren't expensive at all. These are in the gardening section and are the thinnist of the coated gloves.

Thats what I wear.. I love em
 
I always wear baseball gloves or golf gloves.
they work great and keep hands safe from broken glass.
Plus I can go right to work and not have filthy hands to clean lol
hh
dan
 
Re: Here's What I Use

5-6-2-1.jpg


5-6-3-1.jpg


Ain't learnt much after more n 30 years of diggin,

Tabdog
 
I only use gloves when I metal detect under water.
And it is true, those gloves wear out fast.
 
Tabdog may soon change his names to Tetanusdog.

You are close.

I try ta keep my tetanus shots current.

I been surveyin an diggin property pins
for over 30 years. Metal detectin on top
of that.

I never learned to ware knee pads or
gloves.

My knees have gone out. I can not kneel
at all.

I have to either squat or sit down.

It wasn't too smart to not use gloves
either.

I recomend gloves and knee pads, even
though I don't have enough sense ta use
them.

Happy Huntin,

Tabdog
 
My knees are shot, too. But they pretty much were before I started detecting and I do this to keep them so they bend. ;-)

I've dug into glass, razor blades, knife blades, broadhead arrow points, hypodermic needles, medication tubes, soil contaminated with e. Coli (sewage treatment plant upstream overflowed during a flood and the park was closed for months) and Lord knows what all else. Gloves are cheap insurance.

The gloves also mean my car's leather steering wheel cover stays clean on the ride home. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom