GO FUND ME

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does one go about getting a "Fund" going such as the site "Go Fund Me" I know it is against rules to ask for money or funds on these forums. But I was wondering how do you go about raising funds for a very worthwhile cause?

Today, I was most likely lucky enough to find the cemetery where James Beverly Ward and his wife Emaline Otey Ward are buried as well as JBW's father, Giles Ward and his wife, Adeline. Others buried there are two or more children of JBW's, one being JBW, Jr. There are more than likely ten or more burials in this cemetery.

There are no headstones except for a few stones and depressions the size, width and length of graves. All of the headstones that had writing on them have been removed and carried away at one time or another.

First question is how can I get interested parties such as the State of Virginia to verify this cemetery. Second, funds will have to be raised to exhume the remains and place them in coffins and have them reburied in a family cemetery such as Spring Hill. Once they are exhumed forensics can verify each and everyone of them by their ages. Third, permission from the families will have to be obtain after the graves are verified to have them exhumed and relocated.

So, what do you think. I know thousands have looked for the lost Beale Treasure, now we need to help out the people that started all of this back in the early 1800's. It is really a disgrace if everyone could see where they are buried and forgotten about now.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contact a local,historical society!
0D882109-56F6-45E0-B82B-0C5D9B97E13D.jpeg

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contact a local,historical society!
View attachment 1535515

The Historical Society are only in on Friday and Saturday's for a few hours. Doubt if they have the resources. As for the Governor, I need to make a positve ID before contacting him. I need it verified by the Historical Resources and their archaeologist. The headstone of James Beverly Ward was found and removed from this area. One of the next of kin has it today. I have not found out the persons name that found it and gave it to them. But it has been found. I hope to get a photograph of the headstone. The others I will continue to try and find. But can not do any excavations without proper permits and property owner's approval.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Leave it be or work with historical society

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Historical Society are only in on Friday and Saturday's for a few hours. Doubt if they have the resources. As for the Governor, I need to make a positve ID before contacting him. I need it verified by the Historical Resources and their archaeologist. The headstone of James Beverly Ward was found and removed from this area. One of the next of kin has it today. I have not found out the persons name that found it and gave it to them. But it has been found. I hope to get a photograph of the headstone. The others I will continue to try and find. But can not do any excavations without proper permits and property owner's approval.

Even if they are low on funds the historical society will give you 100% of their attention when they are open. I once worked with a Historical society that was open every other Sunday. The docents gave me information that no Google or Alexa could ever give anyone. For the record I believe that Google Home and Amazon Alexa are drumming us down not making anyone smarter. The art of research has changed...however not for the better only to help move other agenda..and newsflash.. “their” agenda befits them and is not in your best interest .

Go knock on doors and OPEN your possibilities!

F791E9C4-82BE-4CB0-89FE-63BB2E0E9917.jpeg

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Incoming governor of Virginia is a VMI Grad; MAY be interested, IF... there is a VMI "connection". I think that there IS! (MHO).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread