What's new

Go Pro hero2

j.dean

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
71
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's V3I, Garrett's AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone used this camcorder for water or diving detecting? Thinking of picking one up to record some water adventures, and wanted to know what the group thinks? No a bad price at all for a waterproof hd camera. Thanks in advance!
 
I just got one.

Not been underwater with it yet.

With GoPro it is about mounting options and the small size.

The video from my new iPhone looks just as good, but I will not mount it inside a machine, or on a dune buggy or get it wet.

Get it you will like it.

Nect week my son will use it rock climbing, I will use it prospecting and during a huge Nerf gun battle planned.
 
The Gopro HD Hero 2 Professional is the latest hero version of the hero line. There are actually 3 editions each with the appropriate mount. They are Outdoor, Motorsport, and Surf. It has an 11 MP sensor. It can make 10 high resolution images a second still images. Video is 1920X1080p30. You can also shoot in 480p for 120fps to get slow motion. It is compatable with Wi-Fi Bac Pac + Wi-Fi and a remote add on will be out in Feb. Estimated street price is $300. Looks Good. Frank
 
hey Frank, does the WIFI and remote setup allow me to trigger the record function remotely? so if I mount the camera on my detector, or wear it on my head, I can remotely trigger it to record without having to hit the button on the camera? THANKS for the info!!!
 
wifi out 2/12-not sure of details-heard you will be able to stream video
 
The advanced literature mentioned remote release, but didn't go into details. Frank
 
Watched a lot of videos of MT biking filmed with Go Pro. They seem like a rugged camera.
 
Worse than any kid I have, I want one of these myself...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom