Going To Try And Switch To Battery From Gas On My Le'trap. Here's Some Data With 3 Different Scenarios

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Lithium batteries are really dropping in price. I bought a 60Ah 12 volt for $279.00. My bilge pump draws 7.5 Ah at about 2200 gph. Under ideal conditions, I could get 8 hours of useage. Usually I am done after 4-5 hours at a stretch. I will be using a solar charger with it, so, that leaves me a bit of room to add another bilge pump if needed. The drop riffles on a Le'Trap don't need as much water flow to produce a reversal eddy to catch gold like my expanded metal.

Here's a video with my bilge and Le'Trap. The 180 degrees is off slightly, so you will see a bit more discharge on the one side. To increase my gph, I can lower the intake hose for my hopper.

roy2bears

Aug 15, 2010
cameron,ok.
Detector(s) used
whites tesoro
Lithium batteries are really dropping in price. I bought a 60Ah 12 volt for $279.00. My bilge pump draws 7.5 Ah at about 2200 gph. Under ideal conditions, I could get 8 hours of useage. Usually I am done after 4-5 hours at a stretch. I will be using a solar charger with it, so, that leaves me a bit of room to add another bilge pump if needed. The drop riffles on a Le'Trap don't need as much water flow to produce a reversal eddy to catch gold like my expanded metal.
Here's a video with my bilge and Le'Trap. The 180 degrees is off slightly, so you will see a bit more discharge on the one side. To increase my gph, I can lower the intake hose for my hopper.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run 2 of those pumps these days. One was ok but 4000gph really cleans everything and the riffles run better. One is enough but 2 runs a lot faster 😀

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread