What's new

Going Wireless!

G. I. Digger

Full Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2008
Messages
229
Reaction score
177
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a At-Pro and was thinking of going wireless but need some advice. Does anyone have any experience going wireless with an AT? My concern is if there is any signal loss or distortion. I don't want to have a false sense of security thinking that I am hearing everything the detector is sending but losing signals in the wireless setup.
 
searched.gif
Until someone pipes in - I searched
tn_02.gif
and found a bunch of threads - here are but a few...

 
Everything I have read says go with an FM system, very low lag time. Most Bluetooth wireless systems have too much lag to be useful.

For me... I'll stick with corded headphones.
 
Slide1.webp

G.I. Digger I have an AT Pro with wireless and works great.
Tao Tronics Sending/receiving unit low latencie Amazon $28.00 Garrett extension for headphones $38 reducer plug $14 good wireless headphones $10 Odd Lots Store.
 
Last edited:
I have a set of Rappo 6020 Bluetooth headphones that work great with my AT Pro, but terrible with my Makro Racer 2. There's no noticeable lag and they last for about 6 hours for on a charge. You'll need the AT pro adaptor cord so that you can plug the dongle in to it. You should be able to find them on E-bay. I got mine for 20 dollars.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom