What's new

Gold and silver pins found

treasure trekker

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hi All!

It's been a while since I had a chance to get out but I was called over by a friend who kept getting flat tires in her driveway.....anyway, I came across these pins and thought someone here would be able to shed some light.

You can read pretty clearly what they "international projector corp"
they arent that very big as you can see next to the quarter.
I found 6 total, three 14kt gold and three silver pins
I also found a 10kt gold pin in the shape of a scroll that read "p.s. 78" across the top and underneath had the date 1919 and all of this was within a 2 foot area.
 

Attachments

  • gold pins.webp
    gold pins.webp
    90.8 KB · Views: 276
  • gold pins1.webp
    gold pins1.webp
    75.8 KB · Views: 284
IPC (International Projector Corp.) was a short lived cine camera company in the 1930s, based in New York City. Your pins are surely an award pin given to an employee for improving the production of the company through submissions of suggestions for improvement that actually were adopted.

P.S. 78 is most likely from Public School 78. There is one listed for the Bronx, N.Y. Your dated item of 1919 is most likely from someone who attended that school during that time period.

Hope this helps.

DaChief
 
Upvote 0
Thanks much! Not a bad sunday afternoon diggin up old nails... :icon_thumright:

I will post the old pin in he next day or 2

thanks again!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom