Gold at French Meadows Reservoir?

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Idk...but i would love to know how it turns out. I want to plan a camping trip with the boys and that looks like a cool spot. Even if there isnt gold. Camping in the woods should be a good time!

MXT SNIPER

Sep 30, 2004
I am headed up there for 4 days camping sunday with the wife got a site reserved, taking along the GB2, might find some bedrock along the middle fork to comb over. Maybe above lake a ways on the dirt road. I will be kayak fishing for trout, wife just kayaks around the lake while I fish. Staying in North camp ground. PM me if you got any gb2 hunting ideas for the area. Just got back::: not much evidence of any gold mining in the area of the lake at all, no good indicators of gold either, no quartz seams, no iron, etc. Seems the good gold areas are 20 miles back down the mountain from french meadows. I went all the way up to Talbot campground, still not much to be seen for prospecting in the area from what I could see.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread