Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Harkening back to Cool-Hand-Fluke's post about gates of schools being left ajar I decided today to peruse the local elementary schools to see if I could find any 'open campuses' to hunt. I don't dig in the grass or other manicured areas in schoolyards just the dirt around the fences and in the tot-lots. I google mapped schools and the first one I checked was wide open! About a half hour into hunt got a scratchy signal and decided 'why not its shallow' and out popped a 10K beauty outta the hole. Thought it was a junker but I always check the inner band and saw writing, I feel foolish but wasn't even aware that 10k gold tarnishes...Its small and only 10k but I'm super-stoked! Now I need to buy a diamond tester :). After getting home I was sorting the clad into what needs tumbling and discovered an IHP and a Roosevelt presidential token mixed in the modern clad...must be older ground under the school. Anyway I'm going to return tomorrow hope I get another one fingers crossed. Thanks for looking and reading bit verbose today.

Attachments

• stones.JPG
    stones.JPG
    954.5 KB · Views: 173
  • open gate.JPG
    open gate.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 96
  • .308 round.JPG
    .308 round.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 72
  • ring.JPG
    ring.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 73
  • makers.JPG
    makers.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
  • ring cleaned.JPG
    ring cleaned.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
  • pile.JPG
    pile.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 81
  • token.JPG
    token.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 71
  • IHP.JPG
    IHP.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
  • arrow of light.JPG
    arrow of light.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 94
Upvote 33

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harkening back to Cool-Hand-Fluke's post about gates of schools being left ajar I decided today to peruse the local elementary schools to see if I could find any 'open campuses' to hunt. I don't dig in the grass or other manicured areas in schoolyards just the dirt around the fences and in the tot-lots. I google mapped schools and the first one I checked was wide open! About a half hour into hunt got a scratchy signal and decided 'why not its shallow' and out popped a 10K beauty outta the hole. Thought it was a junker but I always check the inner band and saw writing, I feel foolish but wasn't even aware that 10k gold tarnishes...Its small and only 10k but I'm super-stoked! Now I need to buy a diamond tester :). After getting home I was sorting the clad into what needs tumbling and discovered an IHP and a Roosevelt presidential token mixed in the modern clad...must be older ground under the school. Anyway I'm going to return tomorrow hope I get another one fingers crossed. Thanks for looking and reading bit verbose today.
Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
love some gold, wtg!

goldhat

Aug 14, 2009
Arizona and the great southwest!
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Fisher F-Pulse Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Impressive!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like another nice day of detecting congrats

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are some nice finds. I like that ring. I remember the "Arrow of Light" award, except ours were sew on patches.
Thanks Trezure, not sure what that thing is just resembled the arrow of light patch so I dubbed the photo thus, its broken though and there were some older things found at the site so yeah not totally sure what I got there

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gate open / gate locked , so do tell, what's the sign on the gate say ? I used to love hunting the school yards but all that stopped 15 years ago and would now get me a trespassing ticket. the last time I went to a school the cops were there within 15 mins and told me to leave and not return. same at all the parks here too , they hate relic hunters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread