Gold Bars?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI my Friend Or "course" they are hypothetical no? hehehe I "know" that you wouldn't post anything about any actual bars on a public site that is probably monitored by -- interested officials of one kind or another.

Of course, IF they were actual bars and someone knowingly gave you advice on how to handle / execute it illegally, which you followed, then the person giving this advice could be broadly considered of being guilty of a conspiracy with the intent to defraud the US Govt, or any rightful heirs - the people. These hypothetical bars would prob also fall under the Antiquities act for which most countries in the world have mutual extradition agreements.

So I am confident that we are talking about "HYPOTHETICAL " bars. so on with the discussion of how it could be handled for "my book".

Don Jose de La Mancha

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California
I know of a possible way to solve this problem. I will not post it even hypothetically though..... If someone were in need of assistance I would hypotheticaly give my assistance.......hypothetically.

OP
OP
ArkieGold

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
Real de Tayopa said:
HI my Friend Or "course" they are hypothetical no? hehehe I "know" that you wouldn't post anything about any actual bars on a public site that is probably monitored by -- interested officials of one kind or another.

Of course, IF they were actual bars and someone knowingly gave you advice on how to handle / execute it illegally, which you followed, then the person giving this advice could be broadly considered of being guilty of a conspiracy with the intent to defraud the US Govt, or any rightful heirs - the people. These hypothetical bars would prob also fall under the Antiquities act for which most countries in the world have mutual extradition agreements.

So I am confident that we are talking about "HYPOTHETICAL " bars. so on with the discussion of how it could be handled for "my book".

Don Jose de La Mancha

What book?

There are all sorts of posts about what people would do if such and such were found by them. Are those people conspiritors? So if I found 500 gold bars and happen to get caught handling it in such a way as to be considered illegal I can blame it on TN :D

I suppose the proper thing to do would be call the government and say "Hey, I have found 500 gold bars"? I don't think so... ;D

Of course the bars are hypothetical. Somebody asked what one would be worth. 500 was just the first number that popped into my head. If they were real I sure wouldn't make it public. I guess that makes me a pirate. Greedy and no care for history or giving it all to the rightful heirs being "the people". Sorry, the people aren't you and I my friend. Meaning you or I find it and give it to "the people", who is that exactly?

OP
OP
ArkieGold

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
"The people", oh "we the people" as in all of us? The government? I have a feeling THEY not WE would gladly take the gold bars. Then THEY would use it to have parties that WE get to read about on Yahoo.

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yah..................Like VICTORIO PEAK.................. That was for the People.

Just not for you or for Me or the ones who found it for that matter.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK GUYS, come up with some ideas for my book. Here is one that I thought might have merit for a basis in the story.

I would probably sneak out a bar or two to buy an old patented Gold mine, then suddenly encounter a fantastically rich vein that had been overlooked. Send my nice newly mined / smelted bars to whoever wants to buy them. pay my taxes and live happily ever after with a nice gold mine that is regularly producing a bar or two a month. Of course this would actually require working the mine with a crew. with one section off limits to the basic crew, the section with the newly discovered Vein. Naturally..

Yep, I like it, so I think that I will have the hero do just that after finding that lost Jesuit cache.

Don Jose de La Mancha

P

pippinwhitepaws

good try don tayopa... ;D.
i was told that the sneakie government actually tests the content of the gold and matchs to existing discovery.
rats....but...i was told many moons ago...find an active mine...mix hyphotetical bars in with hyphotetical working mine melt....ship to refiner. :icon_study:

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose de La Mancha has the right idea. " FOR HIS BOOK " Especially if you are working a mine in Mexico. :thumbsup:

You can have just about any type of mine if You " PAY " your Taxas. Mexico is a Great country if you know your way around.

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
Real de Tayopa said:
OK GUYS, come up with some ideas for my book.
Here's some (but they're not at all serious. Or are they...? :icon_scratch:)

First you melt all of the gold into a giant lump, then you dig out a large crater on your land and drop the golden lump into the middle of it.

"Hey look everybody, I just found a solid gold meteorite!!!" ;D

or:

Cast the gold into small paving bricks marked "OZ". Not sure how you can fit Munchkins into the scheme though.... :wink:

or:

Stamp the bars "Property of the Grand Cayman's [or overseas bank of your choice]". Have them reported stolen. And then found (of course.) Gov't will ship the bars back to said bank as a courtesy, saving you the trouble of smuggling them out of the country.... ;D
:D :D :D

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about melting the bars drop the melt around on the ground. Shovel it up & run in a tumbler or for a larger batch cheap cement mixer for a couple days. Pan out the "nuggets" & fines. :wink: Yup hit a really nice patch ::) ::) it's doable ::) ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions