Gold Bug Pro 5" coil cover does not fit

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ummm, Is it an FTP product? Made by fisher?...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try heating it in hot water to expand it. But if it wasn't made by Fisher Labs no telling. Another thing to think about is taking it off to clean out the cover of any Black Sand. Might be better to epoxy the coil.

Sent by SANDMAN

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait! You may have a newer coil.

I got a new coil and old cover, it will never fit. Kellyco told me "just push harder" after late in the conversation I suggested would they go get a cover and coil and try it since they weren't listening. They didn't....

If it's the same problem I had, you have a "new" model 5" coil. Does it have three ribs around the edge? It's as if the new coil already has a cover? The old 5" coil is smooth around the edge and looks like one piece.

The new coil cover part number is 5cover-blk and has a ridge inside to snap onto the ribs. Fisher took care of me, it'll be a long time before I contact Kellyco again.

Do you have the newer model coil?

Edit: looks like I covered this June 9, in another thread you started.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

moutinho

May 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Steve, Mine is the new version. Where did tou get the newer cover?
Best
Andre

Wait! You may have a newer coil.

I got a new coil and old cover, it will never fit. Kellyco told me "just push harder" after late in the conversation I suggested would they go get a cover and coil and try it since they weren't listening. They didn't....

If it's the same problem I had, you have a "new" model 5" coil. Does it have three ribs around the edge? It's as if the new coil already has a cover? The old 5" coil is smooth around the edge and looks like one piece.

The new coil cover part number is 5cover-blk and has a ridge inside to snap onto the ribs. Fisher took care of me, it'll be a long time before I contact Kellyco again.

Do you have the newer model coil?

Edit: looks like I covered this June 9, in another thread you started.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher customer support sent it to me immediately, awesome service.

The new cover is black, I thought that was odd at first since the old covers are white, but it doesn't show the scratches and dirt like the white cover does. I like it better.

Maybe your luck will be better with your dealer than I had with Kellyco. :BangHead:

Don't bust a gut and let it get to you like I did, it's only ten bucks, just make sure whoever you talk to sends you the right cover. It will be black and have a groove cut inside to snap onto the three ribs on your new coil, the old cover is white.

Good luck

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

moutinho

May 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher customer support sent it to me immediately, awesome service.

The new cover is black, I thought that was odd at first since the old covers are white, but it doesn't show the scratches and dirt like the white cover does. I like it better.

Maybe your luck will be better with your dealer than I had with Kellyco. :BangHead:

Don't bust a gut and let it get to you like I did, it's only ten bucks, just make sure whoever you talk to sends you the right cover. It will be black and have a groove cut inside to snap onto the three ribs on your new coil, the old cover is white.

Good luck

Ok. Thank you!!
Andre

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions