SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great article ken135, thanks for posting! Bet he hid more Gold in other locations. I would just once, like to find a Gold coin!

OP
OP
ken135

ken135

Sep 24, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
F75LTD, G2+, Tesoro Mojave & Bandido 2 micro-max, Deep Tech GG & X
Primary Interest:
Other
David Slayback had a very interesting life. Much of it not mentioned in these articles. He lived on the family farm with his father and mother. After his father passed away in 1884, the 480 acres the family owned was split up. David inherited 160 ac and his mother 160 ac with farmhouse. David inherited his mother's share in 1894 after her death. It took, however, three local court cases and one Indiana Supreme court case in order to keep his mother's inheritance.

Originally, the 480 acres included two farms, a small one west of Lebanon and one north of Lebanon. From what information I could find on-line, I don't believe he was living on any of this land when he died or where the gold was found.

1908-Slayback David found dead in home-1.JPG

1908-Slayback David found dead in home-2.JPG

1908-Slayback David found dead in home-3.JPG

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is great article, one, it's real, not some legend, but two, it shows you never know where gold coins may be found. Imagine had that hay stack just rotted away and some guy was coming through with his detector a hundred years later and was getting all these gold coin hits! You just never know!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread