Gold Findings question..

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
The first thing is to prospect somewhere that is legal for you to do so. Look for open to the public lands that are open to panning, sluceing, MD, or dredging. The other option is to join a prospecting club in your area. They would have claims that you could use. There is also the GPAA. They have quite a few claims in WA.

Finding gold in quanities large enough to sell, thats the trick.... Probably the best return on your gold would be on E-bay or GoldBay.com. A refiner will take to big of a cut unless you're dealing with large quanities.

Good luck, I hope you find lots.

OP
OP
USTiger

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks m8 ..

i will go seaching for prospecter clubs now ... and when i get my pan and get my Sluicer and dredge build i will be good to go..

USTiger

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget to take along a good good detector. If you are lucky to find a nugget, you can sell it for more than the weight of gold sonce collectors will pay a higher price. The GPAA has many claims that are open to members and offer equipement.

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005
Before you put a pan in the water check you'll want to check if you can legally do so.

I'd recommend a couple of things if you are starting out, join a local club or the GPAA, you would have access to go places immediately without the research associated with staking a claim.

But if you choose to get your own claim make sure it is open 1st, then prospected it. You can check claims at the county clerks office of the county you intend to prospect, you'll need the location ( ie. Section, Township, Range)

You can do some research via the BLM website

http://www.geocommunicator.gov/NILS-PARCEL2/map.jsp?MAP=MC

You can zoom to the area you may have questions about in the lower 48 on this site. AK information is on a different website.

This assumes it is BLM or USFS lands.

On these lands you have rights to mineral claim, you do not have right to run people off unless they are prospecting on your claim. Hikers, hunters and fishermen have the right to be there as well. Just not to prospect.

What state are you in? I can perhaps point you in a direction to get info you need.

OP
OP
USTiger

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nebraskadad said:
Before you put a pan in the water check you'll want to check if you can legally do so.

I'd recommend a couple of things if you are starting out, join a local club or the GPAA, you would have access to go places immediately without the research associated with staking a claim.

But if you choose to get your own claim make sure it is open 1st, then prospected it. You can check claims at the county clerks office of the county you intend to prospect, you'll need the location ( ie. Section, Township, Range)

You can do some research via the BLM website

http://www.geocommunicator.gov/NILS-PARCEL2/map.jsp?MAP=MC

You can zoom to the area you may have questions about in the lower 48 on this site. AK information is on a different website.

This assumes it is BLM or USFS lands.

On these lands you have rights to mineral claim, you do not have right to run people off unless they are prospecting on your claim. Hikers, hunters and fishermen have the right to be there as well. Just not to prospect.

What state are you in? I can perhaps point you in a direction to get info you need.

Washington state.. city of Vancouver neer Portland

USTiger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread