Gold Grabber mini

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been thinking of getting one of these too, so I can run it from a battery/bilge pump. It looks lightweight enough to carry around. I don't work with more than 2 other people at a time, so it would not get overloaded.

I am interested in how well they hold up over time.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No production as a tinker toy if thats what your looking for or real mining equipment as the more ya run the more ya make-pure ez and simple factoid of mining-John :wink:

RANGER31

Mar 3, 2011
lousisiana
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the gold grabber mini is a nice piece of mining eq. it works very well it is light wight fore if u need to back pack it in to remote locations.
i have personally used this system.is well made and will last u forever the same company that makes this eq also make the gold grabber dredges with the flared sluice this to is a awesome unit i have had my unit going on 3yrs i have found a lot of gold with this dredge and have never had eny problems with the unit. so with that said if u decide to buy this mini gold grabber i think u will like it very much. :icon_thumleft:

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
I ended up buying a Gold Cube (http://www.goldcube.net/) instead. I think either the Gold Cube or Gold Grabber might be a good solution for the fine gold I am trying to extract.

Now, I need to find some punch plate with 1/8 inch holes so I can extend the end of my sluice (Wolff Trapp) so that it can feed the Gold Cube. We lost a lot of fines at Derry Ranch this season - I don't want to repeat that problem again.

See: http://www.youtube.com/user/georgiagoldguy#p/u/6/MH7rpC3xr1Q

Its small and portable and comes with a 12V water pump. I have plenty of 55 amp 12V Gell batteries (I replace them every 2 years in my wifes mobility wheelchair and scooter - they may be only 80% capacity, but will drive a bilge pump all day on a charge). I can also run it as a recirculator if need be.

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No production as a tinker toy if thats what your looking for or real mining equipment as the more ya run the more ya make-pure ez and simple factoid of mining-John :wink:

I'm with John on this. I had one and all it did was load up. When you only have a tray that is 12" X 12", how much gold are you really going to recover? I'd go with a Gold Cube or a Keene/Jobe/Pro Line highbanker. (Gold Cube would be my 1st choice.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread