What's new

Gold Halves?

usafaviator

Greenie
Joined
Feb 8, 2011
Messages
16
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Hello. I'm new to the forum and have had the chance to go through a couple of boxes of halves. In the last box, I found 3 gold Kennedy Halves (2 1776-1976 bicens and a 1983). Did somebody make a plated collectors set at one time or what? Thanks for the help.
 
Upvote 0
Hello, :hello: WELCOME !! :notworthy:

Common coins are often plated with 24k gold. ??? Such a thin layer its not worth anything... :-\ Most collectors think gold plated coins are defaced coins... :o Its a scam to rip off newbies to collecting. :dontknow: They are worth nothing more than their face value.... :icon_thumleft:

Keep @ it and HH !! :laughing7:
 
I figured as much (after conducting some online research). On a high note, 2 boxes netted me 3 1964's and 3 1967's. Not too bad of a start I guess. Still trying to build the dump bank route, though. :thumbsup:
 
Welcome to the forum. You will find this a very interesting place to learn about coins and collecting. Just today I got a Bicentennial half that was gold plated. I usually keep things like that and give them out to the youngsters on Halloween.
rileyboy
 
I find a few gold halves a week. It would be nice if they were worth something.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom