Gold Location in Arizona?

RookmanGold

Dec 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi all,

I will be over from Europe at a conference in Vegas early December.

Can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere to do a bit of panning / sluicing in Arizona? Somewhere near Jerome maybe?

Any members or clubs who would be happy to help an Englishman find his first Arizona flakes?

Thanks a million in advance,
Daryl

Upvote 0

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from the Midwest states, but I been to Arizona.

Once or twice.

You might try Lynx creek or Rose creek near Presscott. Both have areas open to the public. If you do a forum search for these creeks you will find lots of information.

The deal killer is two Decembers ago, last time I visited Lynx, it was too frozen to dig.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From Vegas, I would look at the "Gold Basin" area north of Kingman, AZ. The GPAA has claims there, as well as several other clubs. No sluicing unless you bring your own water - Drywashing, metal detecting, It's the Desert. :skullflag:

OP
OP
RookmanGold

RookmanGold

Dec 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm from the Midwest states, but I been to Arizona.

Once or twice.

You might try Lynx creek or Rose creek near Presscott. Both have areas open to the public. If you do a forum search for these creeks you will find lots of information.

The deal killer is two Decembers ago, last time I visited Lynx, it was too frozen to dig.

Frozen digs not good... [emoji53]

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
19114976-15B4-4522-BCF5-BF94BAF070F7.jpeg Try to get a copy of this book, one area that seemed interesting to me was the Santa Rita mountains.
good luck and happy hunting

Steuss

Aug 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Panning/Sluicing in December doesn't sound particularly fun. Then again, I’m a desert rat, and get the shakes if it drops below 70.

I live in Vegas, and would be more than happy to do a weekend trek with you (schedule permitting, that is) to a northern AZ claim, or one in the Johnnie District by Pahrump. I’ve got a drywasher, as well as water drums and tubs if you wanted to do panning instead.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Panning/Sluicing in December doesn't sound particularly fun. Then again, I’m a desert rat, and get the shakes if it drops below 70.

I live in Vegas, and would be more than happy to do a weekend trek with you (schedule permitting, that is) to a northern AZ claim, or one in the Johnnie District by Pahrump. I’ve got a drywasher, as well as water drums and tubs if you wanted to do panning instead.

You gotta LOVE TreasureNet Members!! Good on ya Steuss!!!!:occasion14::headbang::hello2::notworthy:

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From Vegas, I would look at the "Gold Basin" area north of Kingman, AZ. The GPAA has claims there, as well as several other clubs. No sluicing unless you bring your own water - Drywashing, metal detecting, It's the Desert. :skullflag:

Hey Rookman, back in 2015 I was in a similar situation and I posted to the forum. I got some good advice, and I posted a trip report once I was back from visiting one of the GPAA claims in the Gold Basin area that Terry mentioned.
Rookman if you want additional advice please PM me and I can give you my updated thoughts on how to spend a day in the Vegas area.

My post from 2015: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/475593-extra-day-las-vegas.html

OP
OP
RookmanGold

RookmanGold

Dec 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Thanks Steuss! I will be in touch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread