Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got my CA Drivers License in the mail.
Was surprised to see a gold miner use in the background graphics.
This state was built on mining what the hell went wrong.
Mike
miner.jpg

Upvote 0
Last edited:
The state would never agree with a split, you guys are dreaming. They need your money and resources with a trillion unfunded entitlements.
Cali can't let people go they are broke. Just won't happen.

They need 23 billion just finance all the illegals this year.
This isn't political, just factual numbers.
California may not be the only "State that is broke". "The State of Oregon" removed it's past "Governor" in part for running up a good size dept along with other issues. The pot may start to boil now over a number of issues. Just asking is any of this dept covered by gold and silver "Dollars"?
Thanks.

Sucking up Fish

Certainly would not want to suck up fish...

Clipboard01.jpg

Speaking from limited experience....the dredging season prevented eggs and alevin from being disturbed.
During dredging season, the fry are mobile enough to easily avoid being sucked up.
They know their environment and easily stay just the right distance back to enjoy the easy food.

There are MANY small seasonal creeks, which provide coho habitat.
I have noticed the dredge holes are the only place there is water in the summer.
It is very cold water because it's subterranean water.
Full of coho all summer.

They should be punching in more holes to improve habitat on these types of streams.
Unfortunately it's politics based on emotions and unfounded ideas.

Imaudigger, I think it's safe to assume those are different types of pumps from dredges. And the airdrop fish probably have a low survival rate. I'm not too worried about farmed, planted fish anyway.

"Decades after Reese and Faist first dropped their fish, I talked to a biologist who witnessed a similar event while snorkeling in one of the lakes of the Sierra Nevada. Many of the fish were ripped in half on impact, he told me, and many others were so stunned they immediately sank to the bottom, never to recover."

I understand where you're coming from, and I'm pretty much on your side, just the examples aren't really the best.

Dredging provides habitat for fish reproduction so the ban doesn't help

Imaudigger, I think it's safe to assume those are different types of pumps from dredges. And the airdrop fish probably have a low survival rate. I'm not too worried about farmed, planted fish anyway.

"Decades after Reese and Faist first dropped their fish, I talked to a biologist who witnessed a similar event while snorkeling in one of the lakes of the Sierra Nevada. Many of the fish were ripped in half on impact, he told me, and many others were so stunned they immediately sank to the bottom, never to recover."

I understand where you're coming from, and I'm pretty much on your side, just the examples aren't really the best.

One common mistake people make is assuming that if a fish were to be sucked up, they would go through the water pump.
Thats what the environmentalists did in the lab test to see how a dredge could affect fish...they sucked one up the intake hose and ran it through the impeller. Never did figure out that isn’t how a dredge works.
Either way - in reality fish don’t get sucked up. Sure it’s physically possible.

If this ban was based on science, they would be testing the environment prior to, during and after actual dredging. Then IF a ban was implemented, monitoring would be carried out each year afterwards and there would have to be some indication that the ban actually had a positive affect. Otherwise it automatically expires.
Any guesses why this was not done?

Last edited:
If a fish was sucked up and on the way through he ate mercury off the sluice, then a condor swooped down and was poisoned all in front of the Sierra club. Helluva day there.

Uh oh...you know what happened to Hank Jr.
Be careful.
Funny thing about California..nobody even wants to be gov. Would not surprise me if brown gets another term.

not a huge AMRA fan but it he runs a ripe tomato through what looks to me like a 4" lol

Last edited:
Oh, duh! The suction nozzle is water powered. So totally my bad guys, sorry.

Getting a good laugh out of the rest though. Dead kennedys rock.

Last edited:
Oh, duh! The suction nozzle is water powered. So totally my bad guys, sorry.

Getting a good laugh out of the rest though. Dead kennedys rock.

This issue of fish getting sucked up in dredges was a major issue when they decided to ban dredging. Complete bunk!

Now there is the issue of mercury. Again the “test” involved sucking mercury up in the intake of the pump...running it through a blender and breaking it up into micro globs of mercury which is supposed to exit the sluice box.....well the mercury never enters the pump!!! The specific gravity of lead is 11.3, mercury is 13.6, gold is 19. Water is 1.0

Pretty easy to trap, even more so than gold due to it being fluid and the fact that it envelopes the gold.

Lead and mercury is actually naturally occurring.

Any mercury studies in California before during and after dredging??
Hold your breath..wait...wait.

Ok we don’t have funding for that. Just trust us, your better off.

Eh whats the point? the guy's a trolling. I grew up in the bay area so don't blame the area, the place is full of people that are not from there that think they have everything figured out for everyone else.

Last edited:
its pointless to argue with him he has no idea what hes talking about and hes not a dredger...just let him go through his life cycle

Try some fish oil and burlap next time you visit Alcatraz

And screw Biafra

He would be the first person to do what he could to stop dredging..he hates people like us.

Very overrated punk pand

Biafra and Jerry Brown in the octagon. Or a panning contest if that's legal, not sure on that.
Could be sponsored by team flip flop and have a gun amnesty all at the same time. Now that's efficiency!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back