What's new

Gold on them thar beaches! Best year EVER.

smokeythecat

Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
20,926
Reaction score
41,158
Golden Thread
10
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
10
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold on them thar' beaches! Best year EVER.

I mainly dig old stuff, give me a colonial site over a beach, but there are two beaches I've gone to that have new and old mixed. These were found 3 digging days apart, I sometimes drive and stay overnight at a local hotel to get two digging days back to back. Haven't found many coins this year, but this makes up for it. Anyway, the 10k white gold ring came first, 5 " or so down in shallow high sand. The 14K yellow HEAVY earring came next, as a shell tide line about 8 miles south of that beach the next day, and the next day hunting got the 14k man's ring with diamond. I supposed this is odd as I do not go in the water, mainly hit the dry sands.

I have NEVER found gold jewelry until the last couple goldrings.webpweeks.
 
Upvote 70
Awesome finds and congrats on your firsts! I wish I lived a little closer to the beach as well. I too am a dry sand fan! :laughing7:

Happy Hunting!
 
That's a great haul on the gold, be carefully you may give up the land hunting if this continues...:thumbsup:

Something I did and don't regret...
 
OBN, you may be right. It's three hours to the beach.....I dug a lot at the Brandywine Battlefield once upon a time ago. Had permission (of course) and dug A LOT. The last dig was on November 19, 1989 (I am old) and I have that musket ball marked carefully. I have a musket ball saved as the last one dug from the site. My daughter was with me that day. She's in her 30's now. Anyway, yesterday, I was digging locally, a farm house put in before 1770. They were poor people, I suppose as the house still is tiny, there's not much early stuff there and hundreds of pounds of metal trash in the fields and yesterday I dug a musket ball from the 18th century. I have dug a couple hundred Civil War bullets since 1989, but this is my FIRST COLONIAL MUSEKTBALL in 26 years and 2 days.
 
OBN, you may be right. It's three hours to the beach.....I dug a lot at the Brandywine Battlefield once upon a time ago. Had permission (of course) and dug A LOT. The last dig was on November 19, 1989 (I am old) and I have that musket ball marked carefully. I have a musket ball saved as the last one dug from the site. My daughter was with me that day. She's in her 30's now. Anyway, yesterday, I was digging locally, a farm house put in before 1770. They were poor people, I suppose as the house still is tiny, there's not much early stuff there and hundreds of pounds of metal trash in the fields and yesterday I dug a musket ball from the 18th century. I have dug a couple hundred Civil War bullets since 1989, but this is my FIRST COLONIAL MUSEKTBALL in 26 years and 2 days.

I am like you Smokey I would rather find one old coin, than dig clad for hours. But only being 5 min. from some awesome Great Lakes beaches, the lure gets me from time to time. But the results are not like the ocean beaches, so it's back to the dirt!!! and all is well with the world!!!
 
Great gold! That's a nice haul. Makes me hungry to get back in the water.
TFS and HH
 
Love the ring w/diamond! I'd wear that! Nice haul! Yea, lots of posters on here that would rather dig old. Personally I like the bling! Sells real easy!
 
Congrats! I like to dig old but sometimes when my finds go dry I will hit a place I know has some newer stuff, just for the thrill of finding something, or as some say the "high"
 
Wow, those are some fantastic rings. Congratulations
 
Nice going on the gold well worth the effort in the dry sand.
I drive by little beaches and think shall I give it a try, and I end up going to a field to be in peace.
 
Congrats on the finds!! :occasion14:
 
Awesome gold finds! Congrats!
Dry sand is good!
 
interesting looking ring. looks old, my guess is 1940's
 
Nice going on the gold well worth the effort in the dry sand.
I drive by little beaches and think shall I give it a try, and I end up going to a field to be in peace.

That's what those large head phones I wear are for...cancelling the out side world while I'm detecting!
 
That's some nice looking finds right there.
 
I wanted to go out today, but wound up staring at the computer literally for 13 hours. My daughter was working on a new end-of-the-world video and I got the final edit! Glad I'm good for somethin'. A BANNER day, no doubt about it. I had 6 burns on the film (37 minutes long) and #7 was the winner. Going to the copyright office in the am.

Saturday I'm digging, no more computer screens. My eyes hurt.
 
pretty new to detecting and these posts inspire me. headed to hilton head beach tmrw! it will be my first beach hunt. hoping to find some awesome stuff. planning on staying on dry sand.
 
I like gold. I didn't spend a lot of time in the water this year so my gold finds are down. I know we can find gold jewelry in parks but I always seem to find more at the beach.
Good for you on the Gold finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom