What's new

Gold Pocket Watch

OutBack Duo

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
925
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the Bezel anyway. I think it is plated but still a nice find. I found it in the side yard of a mid 1800's Brothel in North East Kansas. I didn't find anything else worth mentioning but pocket watches are not found very often, especially Gold plated ones.
 

Attachments

  • watch1.webp
    watch1.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 154
  • watch2.webp
    watch2.webp
    61.9 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 0
Groovy find! My favorite find early on when I started detecting last year is a pocket watch bezel similar to yours but of a baser metal. After cleaning, I shined up the dull brown metal with olive oil for a nice gleam. Yours being gold, even better. HH Andi
 
Does anyone know if there were ever GOLD pocket watches that were not plated? Could they make a solid GOLD Bezel or wouldn't it be strong enough?
 
Breguet pocket watch, High end watch.
I picked one up years ago marked 14 k, Sorry to say it was just a Very Good FAKE.
Yes there is solid gold watches out there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom