Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I was trying to edit the post and messed it all up.

My original post was that I see that someone hits the motherload. I am saying I hope it is Parker or the Hoffmans and not Dakota Fred.

The show based on the how they edit it has Dakota Fred rubbing me the wrong way. Fred told the producer that the show makes him look like someone who is only out for himself but he is really a nice guy. My idea of a nice guy would have lent parker the electrical panel. However he did claim it was his "partner" who wanted $10k for the panel (or was it Fred?)

The Hoffmans seem to make all kinds of mistakes and bad decisions, and Parker is impulsive, but he is only 17!

Still I hope it is either of them, but at the same time if it is Fred, well good for him, I wish it where me! Maybe the next time on the river I will hit a pocket for a hundred ounces!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats sad is the amount of ground they have to move, for .12 cents per 20 LBS of ground ran thru the sluice at the numbers thrown out on the show.
Seems like a waste of time, poor ground id half to say. Thats only .0343 grains per 20 LBS of material. Ughhhh !

johnnysau

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was trying to edit the post and messed it all up.

My original post was that I see that someone hits the motherload. I am saying I hope it is Parker or the Hoffmans and not Dakota Fred.

The show based on the how they edit it has Dakota Fred rubbing me the wrong way. Fred told the producer that the show makes him look like someone who is only out for himself but he is really a nice guy. My idea of a nice guy would have lent parker the electrical panel. However he did claim it was his "partner" who wanted $10k for the panel (or was it Fred?)

The Hoffmans seem to make all kinds of mistakes and bad decisions, and Parker is impulsive, but he is only 17!

Still I hope it is either of them, but at the same time if it is Fred, well good for him, I wish it where me! Maybe the next time on the river I will hit a pocket for a hundred ounces!
Sad. You know this is scripted, right?

Why do you not think fred has a partner? That partner certainly could be the show who needs drama to stay on air.

Do you think maybe, just maybe, while the kid actor was asking the old timer actor about the old hoffman panel, that the real panel was being installed back at "his mine"?

I'm interested in what fred sees at the layers he's at. I'll certainly never be able to dig a hole that deep. I'm interested and bewildered by the amount of material the kid has removed from that hill. To think there was a larger hill there to deposit all that,...

I'm also very much interested in the trommel versus shaker, but there's no way,.. because it's a drama, that that test will be given a fair shake. I would hate to be the business interests behind the equipment based on utube comments the wave table guys received.

But as to who's the bad guy, who makes the most gold,.. you'll never truly know unless you're day to day with these people.

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
I agree with "goldchaser". This program should be called an "UNREALITY" show. Anybody who believes these fellas are funding this kind of mining by mortgaging houses and selling gun collections has no brain. Did you see the earth moving equipement Ted was standing infront of in last nights episode ? LOL. I guess next season Ted will be using thermo nuclear bombs to dig for gold ! LOL. Reminds me of the RoadRunner cartoon and the Coyote using the "Acme" company to buy his explosives. LOL. Everything you see being bought on the show is being paid for by the network. All the fretting about money and hand wringing is SCRIPTED. Fred arrives at Porcupine Creek after the coldest winter in 50 years and he's SURPRISED to find everything covered with twelve feet of snow ! LOL. Do you think maybe Fred's a complete MORON ? Nobody is that STUPID ! Well it is entertaining.. but i don't know about calling it a "Reality Show".

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree it is entertaining, but did you watch the 90 minute preshow? They went to a bunch of investors and got a bunch of cash to buy the equipment. Sort of like most golf pros owe most of their winnings to their sponsors, the group of people who put up the money to get them started. Most golfers are not Phil's and Tigers.

Anyhow I enjoy watching them move and run dirt.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Parker is trying to hit an old river bed, that is the reason they are leveling out the hill top.

67miata

Greenie
Sep 25, 2012
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure how much of this show is "staged". Likely more then we know. We like this show so much we tend not to notice the details. The Hoffmans did not seem to have any money, yet show up with a mile long convoy of heavy equipment capable of digging their own Panama Cannal (perhaps they will) .... but the machine to process it ... (woops) unavailable just yet. Parkers family closed out last season all saying "NO,NO,NO"! yet here he is pouring money into repairs and upgrades to process 3X the material with a full crew ($$$$). Fred showed up in his site with 4+ feet of heavy hard packed snow. The sceen with the electrical pannel seemed like a few days later, but did you notice most of that snow was melted? Obliviously the timeline was considerably longer.

With all that said, .......I don't care ...... I love this show. The producers are Brilliant. They teased us a month or two back, with some goofy trip to South America just to keep us intrested. Just like "Deadliest Catch", we tune in to see what is like to catch King Crab, and get totally hooked on the people and their lives and stories. How many seasons has that been running? MANY MANY MANY. Putting it all on the line to drive to Alaska to look for gold (but not as a hobby). You must be nuts, but they were smart enough to know that millions of us would be watching. Like I said, I love this show, my TIVO is always ready so I never miss one. Discovery Channel rakes in far more dollars from this show then any of these boys will from the blood sweat and tears from digging for gold to feed their familys (but their income is likely augmented by the show, ... I am not sure). They have dug their hooks in me . ... they win.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show is completely scripted. When the redheaded guy left the show in the first or second season, he told what the show was. Sitting around every day reading and rehearsing scripts.

They don't have to find any gold, they are getting paid HUGE for doing the show. they are acting stars making millions of dollars for the Discovery channel, they are getting paid handsomely.

This Jungle Gold show is just as bad as the first season of Gold Rush. Every five minutes, it's "if they don't find some gold, everything will be lost!" bullcrap. Oh, they have debt? Sell that million dollar house. Need to make insurance payments? Selling that $30,000 car you were driving will pay a lot of bill and remove one of them. Maybe the wife can <SHOCK!> get a job! It's all scripted, fake drama.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dakota Fred crying that he's discriminated against because his one foot is shorter then the other just added to
my dislike for him.

& I know he could have helped Parker.

I hope Parker learned next time Fred needs help, charge him $10,000 even if he's laying on his back in the bottom
of his "glory hole" Crying his elivator shoe fell off .

Yes there may be some fakery by the producers, but I Doubt anyone would want that type of P.R.
pushed on them selves, unless they were like that. & unaware of how it comes off

Last edited:

prospectordamon

Mar 31, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's MXT/6X10 DD Coil/950 Coil
scripted or not, i wouldn't mind getting paid by discovery or ANYBODY for that matter to (strip) mine for gold :D

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We know it's all staged drama for the show, and there is always a villian and a hero. That being said, it's entertaining enough to watch. I hope the kid is the one that hits the motherload, grandpa is the coolest one on the show.

rippinlip

Oct 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect it is scripted.It's always all about the $$$$.I wonder what happened to Todds mechanic (Jim?) from last year.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect it is scripted.It's always all about the $$$$.I wonder what happened to Todds mechanic (Jim?) from last year.

he fired him at the end

I believe he sighted his bringing his new (gold digger/ pun intended) Girlfriend up & Mooning over her when they needed his help the most,
as his reason

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the little factoid they ran about Todd Hoffman during the first show, no mining or engineering training (obviously), majored in Biblical Theology in college.

Biblical Theology.:laughing7:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the idjet 4 years to read a simple science fiction book. I could go to any street corner and pick up a half dozen homeless,give them 3 million in equipment and find more gold. Parker and GPopz are the only real deal,young and impulsive..yes...but he worked through many winter storms to prepare for this season and for that the youngn' will always have my respect and by God I truly wish he is the one who hits it big....just my take on the scripted mess based on facts...John

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the "Big Nugget" group, Parker and his Grandpa. In this seasons first show the Grandpa says that he sort of ran the mine as a hobby, getting enough to get by, they seem to be the real deal. They were upset when the inspectors showed up due to them being on the show.

Scripted, Parkers accident ripping off his fingernail, if it was scripted then he is a hell of an actor! They may get some scripted stuff but I think they are not shown as much because they are the real deal. I too say I hope they are the ones who hit it.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a feeling there will be less scripting this year than others. I didn't see all the usual "if this fails, they are DONE" type of non-sense. If they just focus on the hunt for gold it could be a watchable season.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions