Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doing better in the off season than the heat of summer, 3 gold rings in as many weekends.

Headed out to the beach with my dog ,,, Wish I would have got there earlier because a big rain storm was heading in, but I'm not much of a morning guy when I don't have to be.
Got there early afternoon and managed to get in a couple hours before I was washed out, found a really nice gold band [marked, but too worn to make out], I'm assuming the stone is legit.
Rang up in the low 60's, besides a stray pulltab or zipper here and there, not much else rings up like that so I get aroused when the VDI reads in the low 60's at the beach.

Also a nice little silver crucifix, and a very large titanium ring [I take a size 12, this thing slides off my finger like its not even there, must be a 14 at least].

Attachments

• IMG_2485.JPG
    IMG_2485.JPG
    417.9 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Gotta say, I am liking off season beach hunting.
No competition that I have seen, just me the dog and sea gulls. Am more at ease, not distracted by thongs or pesky kids. Very easy to just get in the zone and swing away.

Haven't even brought my scoop along last few times. Most sand I detect is wet to mucky, scoop of limited use and I'm not inclined to dig out hair pins 10" down anyhow. So all I use is my pinpointer and 5 in 1 digging tool, I can get coin/ring targets down to 6" or so with minimal fuss.
Found quite a bit of clad [most of which has obviously been in the sand for some time] and trash which I didn't take a picture of, this tells me I'm on to a good stretch of beach that has largely gone undetected.
I would have went back out today but the soggy weather continues, looks like mid week will be crisp, cold and sunny around here.

Gz on some nice booty! Love the gold ring! Looks to be high karat??

Way to go!! Congrats on some great finds!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back