Gold warrior pendant, CW tidbits, and Ironmans foot!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit the farm property for a few hours after work today. There were hunters in the woods so I concentrated on the dirt driveway in front of the house, and part of the large front lawn. This is the same farm that I've detected at for years now and have found most of my CW relics at. This time, I hunted with a lot less discrimination than before, and it has helped me greatly.
One of my first targets was a very cool old gold pendant with a round glass/stone (?) center that has some sort of warrior engraved into it. Above the red stone in gold is a birds head (hawk or eagle) with a tiny green gem eye. It looks to me like possibly Victorian era. :icon_scratch:
Any ideas on this piece or who the warrior is would be greatly appreciated.
I about soiled myself when I saw the rounded gold in the hole. :o I thought I had a gold coin. ;D

Here are my finds:

*Gold pendant with bird & warrior (mentioned above) - No markings on the piece.

*Suspender clip - No markings or design.

*CW toe tap.

*Williams cleaner base

*1920 & 1941 Wheat pennies

*Ironmans foot ;D

*Asst'd "what the heck are they" things. :icon_scratch:

Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-252S.JPG
    MVC-252S.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 856
  • MVC-253S.JPG
    MVC-253S.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 875
  • MVC-254S.JPG
    MVC-254S.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 862
  • MVC-255S.JPG
    MVC-255S.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 856
  • MVC-256S.JPG
    MVC-256S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 860
  • MVC-257S.JPG
    MVC-257S.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 861
  • MVC-258S.JPG
    MVC-258S.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 857
Upvote 0
S

seger98

Wow Doug, that is an awesome looking pendent! Congratulations on that find! :thumbsup:

Chris

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey brother,

The gold warrior item is freakin kewl! Too bad it wasnt the gold coin though! The other items in the 3rd pick just look like some square nails or small spikes of some kind. The last item in the pics look to be like maybe a candle holder on the wall or something maybe looks like it would hang on the wall and u put the item through the hole and the bottom piece would keep it there kinds like a flag holder but that one has no angle on it. My best guess. Anyway good day and get out there again obviously theres more stuff hiding!!

Crackbadger

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gemee said:
Gold-filled warrior piece looks to have been part of a late 1800's fob.

That would be great too. I found this piece in the driveway about 10' from where I found an eagle artillery button awhile back.
There was an old house (1800's) that used to be right along side of this dirt driveway.
Thanks,
MM

Attachments

• Eagle artillery button.jpg
    Eagle artillery button.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 836
  • Eagle artillery button.jpg
    Eagle artillery button.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 834
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kdismuke1 said:
GREAT FINDS. YOU ARE AWSOME. BEST OF LUCK.

Thanks KD.
Much appreciated.
-MM-

seger98 said:
Wow Doug, that is an awesome looking pendent! Congratulations on that find! :thumbsup:

Chris

Thanks Chris.
I'll trade you for a few of those Wisconsin Musky. :thumbsup: ;D :wink:
-Doug-

VOL1266-X said:
Mm, you always find the most interesting things. HH in'09!!

Thanks so much Vol.
This place has really turned up some unusual finds for me over the last few years. I like the unusual stuff the best. :thumbsup:
-MM-

CRACKBADGER said:
Hey brother,
The gold warrior item is freakin kewl! Too bad it wasnt the gold coin though! The other items in the 3rd pick just look like some square nails or small spikes of some kind. The last item in the pics look to be like maybe a candle holder on the wall or something maybe looks like it would hang on the wall and u put the item through the hole and the bottom piece would keep it there kinds like a flag holder but that one has no angle on it. My best guess. Anyway good day and get out there again obviously theres more stuff hiding!!

Crackbadger

Thanks CB.
Not quite as cool as your dragon ring, but I'll take it. ;D :wink:
You sir are the bling god of the century! :icon_king:
-MM-

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
nice finds and what an awesome button, wow! I guess I should have twisted your arm a little harder to hunt that site last weekend!

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
MM,
The last item looks like an old bottle opener that mounts on a Coke machine. The thin end was bolted to the machine and you put the bottle top under the larger end at an angle and push the bottle towards the machine and it popped the cap off. 1950's and before had these kind of bottle openers.

I could be wrong....but that's what it looks like to me.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can't believe the "teeny" stone is still in there Doug...That's a great find.Keep em' coming Bud!!!!

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nc-joe said:
nice finds and what an awesome button, wow! I guess I should have twisted your arm a little harder to hunt that site last weekend!

Anytime big guy. The hunters should be gone as of Jan. 1st, then I can venture out into the 190+ acres again. :thumbsup:
This property is actually part of the original 640 acre plantation property where you dug your Colonial coin. If you dig another in front of me we're going to have to arm wrestle for it. I'll bring a ladder. :tongue3:
-Doug-

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH, WOW! :o I LOVE that pendant, MM! :o That is sooooo neat!! Of course all the other finds are good ones too. ;D

Nana :wink:

diggitdawg

Tenderfoot
Sep 10, 2008
those are very cool finds, i agree with the bottle opener theory but to me it looks more like a hand held model with can opener on the other side ..... like for canned sodas & beer before pop tops. ty 4 sharing.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burdie said:
Brings back great memories MM. That is a great looking pendant.
Burdie

Thanks Stan.
You doing another road trip in 09'?
-Doug-

Nana40 said:
OH, WOW! :o I LOVE that pendant, MM! :o That is sooooo neat!! Of course all the other finds are good ones too. ;D

Nana :wink:

Alright young lady. I would have expected a dress joke from you. :wink: This will look good with my new backless number. :o
-Doug-

Maverick29

Oct 26, 2008
Sweet finds Doug. Wish I could have found something like that last weekend. Maybe next time, me you and Andy can find something like Joe did. Dont get me wrong your gold pendent is an awsome find. I wouldnt mind finding a coin like you guys have. I know one day I will. Congrats and keep on picking everything clean before we get up there :wink: ;D See ya later. Maverick29 (Chris)

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wierd looking "Bird" :o That one item which you are unsure of looks like a square nail :icon_scratch: What the heck is a toe tap? One of thoses things they used to tap while dancing??

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Nice finds. That's a neat pendant. Looks like costume jewelry from the 20's.
dman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions