Gold Washington Dollar cache: clue inquiry

Big Bad John

Jul 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for a very long time, I could not response to this web site about the Rev. War 13 wagon loads of gold dollars. Now, look out. You may want to read my story in this web site newsletter of Feb. 15. The story is false. There was no mention in the Hartford Courant newspaper back then, or any local history books, written by local people. Captain Bates lives to be 91 years old. His family still live there in the sixes. The Bates family never heard of the story until they read the lady letters in the Hartford Courant in 1951. I been a coin collector and a treasure hunter since 1964. These coins were never minted, and that is why I am willing pay for pictures of the front and the back of the coins for $100.00. I don't have any takers. People out west save money to go treasure hunting in the East. People in the East save money to go treasure hunting in the west. There are treasure hunters in every states. Don't state that that there are coins, that you never saw.
#40 is very interested, #32 is a liar. He copy Connecticut Sam.

Big Bad John

Jul 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for a very long time, I could not response to this web site about the Rev. War 13 wagon loads of gold dollars. Now, look out. You may want to read my story in this web site newsletter of Feb. 15. The story is false. There was no mention in the Hartford Courant newspaper back then, or any local history books, written by local people. Captain Bates lives to be 91 years old. His family still live there in the sixes. The Bates family never heard of the story until they read the lady letters in the Hartford Courant in 1951. I been a coin collector and a treasure hunter since 1964. These coins were never minted, and that is why I am willing pay for pictures of the front and the back of the coins for $100.00. I don't have any takers. People out west save money to go treasure hunting in the East. People in the East save money to go treasure hunting in the west. There are treasure hunters in every states. Don't state that that there are coins, that you never saw.
Great interesting information. I think I stay in Connecticut.

mooseoftoose

Aug 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any written evidence of the coins found in the stream by these random people, or are those just rumors?

Nice Person

Sep 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just lies. I am from Connecticut and I know what I am writing about.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I BELIEVE I MIGHT HAVE FOUND IT 20 YRS AGO - LETS JUST SAY I WAS NOT EQUIPED TO RETRIEVE IT BACK THEN
AND BRUSHED IT OFF AS SOMETHING ELSE - I RECENTLY HAVE BEEN HAVING DREAMS ABOUT THE SPOT AND
CANT BELIEVE I NEVER WENT BACK TO CHECK IT OUT - I PLAN ON TRYING THIS YEAR - COULD BE BIG WASTE OF TIME
BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE LARGE READING I GOT BACK THEN WAS - ITS NOT TO FAR FROM WHERE THE RUMMORED COINS WERE FOUND
AND I THINK ABOUT A MILE FROM THE TAVERN--YOU'LL BE THE FIRST ONES TO KNOW IF I FIND ANYTHING WORTH REPORTING

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I BELIEVE I MIGHT HAVE FOUND IT 20 YRS AGO - LETS JUST SAY I WAS NOT EQUIPED TO RETRIEVE IT BACK THEN
AND BRUSHED IT OFF AS SOMETHING ELSE - I RECENTLY HAVE BEEN HAVING DREAMS ABOUT THE SPOT AND
CANT BELIEVE I NEVER WENT BACK TO CHECK IT OUT - I PLAN ON TRYING THIS YEAR - COULD BE BIG WASTE OF TIME
BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE LARGE READING I GOT BACK THEN WAS - ITS NOT TO FAR FROM WHERE THE RUMMORED COINS WERE FOUND
AND I THINK ABOUT A MILE FROM THE TAVERN--YOU'LL BE THE FIRST ONES TO KNOW IF I FIND ANYTHING WORTH REPORTING
I hope you found it but please don't report it here. You will lose most of it to government blood suckers.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This story is total untrue. I had live in Connecticut most of my life. This story I research the most. Most countries were poor and very few gold coins were minted. Captain Bates live to be over 90 years old and never mention this story. Many people had search for it and wasted their time. If the story was true, it would had been found by now. In the 60's, I had asked a man, marry to a Bate, who was living in the tavern, if his father in law believed the story, and he info me that nobody in the Bate family had heard about this story until they had read a letter to the editor. Since then many treasures magazines repeated the story. She had no proof. Washington Army was poor.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The things you read in Lost Treasure nice to read but very little truth. I have spent a lot of time in Historical records out here in the west on some of their stories. All so far have proved to be junk journalism. It's a laugh to see how such stories get printed. I guess for a buck you can write and get anything printed.
# 9, very true.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
# 40, very true.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is in a name: I had live at a home for boys, 1956 - 1961, name
Golden Rule Farm, in Northfield, New Hampshire, where we had cows. I live in Connecticut since around 1964 when I got interested in coin collecting and treasure hunting. You may want to find out if France minted the coins in 1799. The story started in 1951, when a women wrote letters to the hartford Courant, was printed newspapers back then during the Rev. War.,
and still printing newspapers. As stated before, the authors did not mention this story because they know the story is false. There is no one more them me who wish the story was true. I am looking for true stories about
Connecticut. I live in Bridgeport and looking for buddies, and happy to advice people. I am 64 years old. Sent pictures for payment.
# 42. very true.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am happy that you don't want to rain on my parade. In the sixty, I interview Willaim Bates who since Lemuel Bates live the tavern. He told me that the treasure was bury near a brook, since it was easy digging. William is a story teller. Years later, I had interview his son in law, who was living in the tavern. He told me that William really didn't believe the story and that the family didn't hear about the story until they read the letters that a lady sent to The Hartford Courant in 1951. During the Rev. war, The Hartford Courant never wrote about this story, and Hartford is close to East Granby. Henry Wooster had rob a house with his friends, he went to England and came back to visit his mother. I am sure that many treasure hunters had search for the coins. There are many stories about Captain Kidd bury treasure in this state, but, not have been founded. I have no takers to receive $100.00 for pictures of these coins. No coins - No treasure.
Golden Rule Farm.
# 48, very true.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been reading Lost Treasure magazine since 1964. I never read that any of these treasures been found. There are so many stories about Captain Kidd bury treasures in many places in Connecticut, but, none of his treasures has been found. Do you want to guess how many people are looking for his treasures? I can't count that high. As of the Rev. War story. Most of us agree that most of the stories in treasure magazines are false. What date do you want to start with. 1779, when the coins were suppose to be rob. If true, how many people look for it. One had find it, then and now. Do you want to start with 1951, when the woman wrote letters to the Hartford Courant. How many people since then, look for it? Do you want to start with 1964, when I first read the story in Lost Treasure magazine. How many people read the story every year and been looking for it? As far as five coins being found, how come no treasure hunter has find these coins? I got no reply to my $100.00 offer for pictures of just one coin. Every day, Lost Treasure Magazine publish a story on the internet. How many do you believe are true. For people who believe the Rev War story, go for it. Even tho The Hartford Courant never wrote about it back then. I called this story the Lost Duthman Mine of the East. There are so many people looking for this mine, thinking that God want them to find it. It is the same thing with this story.
Golden Rule Farm. [email protected]
# 55. very true.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
This has to be a Tnet record for the most sock puppets in one thread.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
#161, True, he copy my brother.
LOL.. Now that's funny.. Your name is Sam and you have a brother named Sam. I think most of us here know that you are Connecticut Sam as well as Connecticut Danny. Either that or all 3 ? of you have exactly the same writing style...

Attachments

• Surprised-Look-108071424804.jpeg
    Surprised-Look-108071424804.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My middle name is Sam and I have brothers first names are Sam and Danny. Of course we have the same exactly writing style because we are family members and went to the same schools. We care that you notice. Take care.

Last edited:

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy this story and I am surprised no one mentioned that several of these coins have purportedly turned up. The most recent was in 1989? I'll pull up the reference I was just reading about this story this week. Its a bit far for me though.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No coins show up, story is not true. My brother offer one hundred dollars for just a picture of just one coin. No story or pictures turn up in newspapers with the founders names and pictures of coins. Do not waste time looking for this treasure.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
No coins show up, story is not true. My brother offer one hundred dollars for just a picture of just one coin. No story or pictures turn up in newspapers with the founders names and pictures of coins. Do not waste time looking for this treasure.

People hate to have a "Dream" killed. Even when there is no proof it existed. There are almost no stories about actual recoveries, as those books don't sell well, no "Greed Factor" in IMO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread