Golden Saturday

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
GraffixGurl and I went to one of my secret beaches that is a party spot for boaters on the lake. We got there about 830 am and there was already 4 boats anchored there and the guys and girls guzzling beer. I never could drink beer that early in the morning. We started hunting and popping coins here and there in the cool clear water. After about 2 hours, during one of my clean ups, I found among the pull tabs and bottle caps a large man's wedding band. ;D It later checked as 14kt and weighted 9.5 grams. Final count on finds were $3.60 in assorted change, a Dolphin silver ring, a silver bracelet and the Gold ring. The two silver items were encrusted so I gave them to Graffixgurl to clean up.
She didn't find any jewelry but she beat me in coinage with $4.50 in assorted change. We left about 1230 and counted 25 boats lined up along the shoreline, hopefully replenishing what we found. We'll be back after Memorial Day. :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Attachments

• MVC-032S.JPG
    MVC-032S.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 420
  • MVC-033S.JPG
    MVC-033S.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 431
Upvote 0

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Wow that's a nice big hunk-a-gold. Congrats on the finds. Good to see you out cleaning up the place FlAuthor. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

graffixgirl

Apr 6, 2008
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800_MineLab Excalibur II_Titan3000DX w/DDcoil_minelab 505 w/DD coil AND "My vibe"
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Harry, got the cleaned up pics on my post too:: Saturday SWAG.
Also had a great time with you buddy.
End of day total for me (hit another area later that day)
One 13.92G silver jesus pendant+$8.55 in clad
Can't wait to go again, love the Lund...definitely a SWAG Hunting BOAT!!

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds.

As one hunter told me, the best places to find jewelryare where there is water and drinking.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread