Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The staff of Nokta has received this email and pictures and shared them with you on Treasure Net Forums:

image1.jpg image2.jpg

image3.jpg image4.jpg

image5.jpg image6.jpg

The Victorian gold rush in the 1800s proved to be very fruitful for the many gold diggers. The famous Golden Triangle delivered many tonnes of gold and resulted in the building most of the towns we know today such as Ballarat, Bendigo, Castlemaine. Even today the triangle still surprises with some beautiful gold finds. Many rich areas bare the signs of the past diggings and the vast amount of work of the past can be witnessed in the bush regrowth. The scars of time have left the landscape with many holes, shallow to very deep, vast areas surfaced, hill sides ripped apart for the precious metal.

These fields still prove fruitful to the amateur gold detectorist today. The ground is often heavily mineralised and hot rock rich driving even the most advanced detector crazy. Patience and persistence is the key. Ground balance can be hard to achieve and often needs constant adjustment on conventional detectors. Often the past metallic rubbish left overs waist many precious hours tricking the prospector into thinking it is a target. Stray bullets and the many bottle caps trick you into the joy of finding a golden nugget.

The Nokta Golden Sense has proven very advantageous to me in the really hard ground. Ground balance is quick and often very stable even in the hardest of grounds. Of the many times I have been out there with this amazing detector I can recall only two areas of many which were very hard to balance. On any conventional detector ground balance in this area would virtually be impossible. The evidence of this is there are very few modern diggings around even though the past has resulted in gold finds. The Golden Sense is quite and very sensitive. It can pick the tinniest piece of metal out. Often tiny pieces of foil or lead shot are pulled from the ground. It saves much time in clearly identifying ferrous and non-ferrous signals. The strike rate is 100%. Even the slightest ferrous indication from the detector points you that the target is most likely past rubbish that is rusting away underground.

Depth penetration in the heaviest of mineralisation is by far a complex task for any detector. The complex soil structure confuses most detectors and drives the prospector insane. Here the Golden Sense is by far superior. The detector remains quite and alert. Depth penetration does suffer in the extreme soils but is by far superior than most detectors I have tried. The detector does not rely on the tuned ear of the prospector to listen deep in between the hum for a target. The target is identified by both sound and visual. The target is confirmed easily through a cross scan perpendicular to the original scan. Even the heaviest mineralisation is negated this way. Saves many wasted hours of fruitless digs.

I have used many detectors in my prospecting time. From the famous Minelab, Garret to some of the more exotic and out there machines. Each unit has advantages and disadvantages. Often the complexity of the units make them hard to get use to. I can say with extreme confidence this is not a problem with the Golden Sense. Just choose you search mode, adjust your ground balance and sensitivity and off you go. Very little time is needed to get use to using the machine. Battery life is long and reliable and the weight of the detector is great.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread