What's new

Golden Silver and Silver Slice got a Crew Cut!! OUTSTANDING ROAD TRIP!

golden silver

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
2,771
Reaction score
121
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Yesterday I took my Dad out to show him the road trip side of the hobbie. I am calling him Silver Slice weather he likes it or not. I am trying to get him on this website. LOL. Well if you picked up on the title of this thread you might have guessed that we had a decent day. We had spotty luck at best at most of the banks but one small town bank came through in a big way. Good thing because we were splitting the treasure today. Roll after Roll of almost uncerculated 1964 Kens a Few rolls of 40%ers and 1 lone 1900 Barber Half. Oh did I mention a teller handed over 2 1957 silver certificates and 1963 Red letter note. The amaizing thing is that the teller as she handed over all the silver said you have the old ones because I looked at them yesterday. My brain screamed YES!. My Dad was in Awe as I unrolled them. Also found were 3 silver rosies. Enjoy the pics....I know I do. Good luck to all.

GOLDEN SILVER AND SILVER SLICE

(1) 1900 BARBER
(120) 1964 KENS
(60) 40%ers
(3) rosies
(1) 2006 s clad
2 1957 A, B silver certs
1 Red letter note.
 

Attachments

  • coin.webp
    coin.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 581
  • coin2.webp
    coin2.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 582
  • coin1.webp
    coin1.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 581
  • coin4.webp
    coin4.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 587
  • coin3.webp
    coin3.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 580
  • coin5.webp
    coin5.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 575
  • coin7.webp
    coin7.webp
    42.2 KB · Views: 588
  • coin6.webp
    coin6.webp
    29 KB · Views: 561
Upvote 0
Very nice! Congrats on the haircut. One I desperately want.
 
Sweet. Maybe we all would have better results if we wore camouflage while hunting silver. ;D
 
Is that a Crown Royal bag? I have a few of those, need to start using those on roadtrips.
 
Haha. Mistergee I think silver slice is a great side kick name don't you...LOL. As for the purple bag it is Crown Royal and it is good luck. I will bring it with me on road trips from now on. The bag not the bottle.

Camo is the secret my friends. We were both wearing it because we went hunting in the morning. Oh the Barber is a partial lib in great shape but has some crud on it that makes it look crappy in the photo. Thanks for the replies guys.

Golden Silver and Silver Slice
 
There's something wrong with that crown royal bag- its empty! Silver like that calls for a celebration.
Congrats, Mark
 
Hey now! that's not fair! taking a rookie along on a roadtrip. You got a bit of his beginners luck I see! You know the rules... send your or shall I say his portion to LJ or expect several boxes of marked Bicentenials in your future.
 
Oh now you can't take away all my credit Pdiddy. He would not have ever found that stash without my knowhow. LOL as for the hommage to LJ I was going to send it to Pdiddy but since you insist.

Golden Silver
 
The heck with doing boxes, I'm hitting the road again ! WHAT A SCORE!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Excellant pictures too.

HH

Rich
 
Holy crud...that's over $700 in just 64s. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 
Hey Rich the Score was in Ohio....So you might want to go right now and see what you find haha. I think it is good that we feed off each other. You got me back into road trips. Funny thing is we did not even get to hit all the banks on the list. We just ran out of time.

Golden Silver and Silver Slice
 
Dang that's a lot of silver! I'm sure you won't be able to top that for a while :hello2:
 
CHEESE. Anything is possible on the road. "There's a white line in the distance where it's going nobody knows. If it's anywhere they'll find it on the road." Who sings this anybody...??

Golden silver
 
How did you score all of the different stuff? Did you just ask for old money or what?

I'm not sure how to go about getting old bills.

I would appreciate any help.

OWS
 
OWS,
It was all luck. I went into this bank that had some halves waiting for me and the teller was super nice and very very happy to get rid of the half dollars. She asked me if I was a collector and I said yes. She asked me if I was interested in old paper money I said sure. She said "I am about to make your day and she pulled out the goods. I mean the bills :wink: She then said oh and here is a silver dime for you. I was like wow thanks. I had never met this woman before but she treated me like gold. It was nice. She gave me her card and said that she would order anything that I wanted. I am thinking of asking her to try and order me large dollars. Maybe she could. As for the great variety of money found this trip it was chance nothing more. Some days you are lucky some not.

Golden Silver
 
Great job!! I'm glad to see that your road trip paid off and you got to spend some quality time with your father. I wish I could get my father serious about CRHing.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Yeah it was great going on a trip with my dad. I am trying to get him to go on another here pretty soon so I can get in on his beginners luck. The first few months are key. :laughing7:

Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom