Golden uMAX vs. Silver Sabre uMAX Depth & Separation

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Silver Sabre uMAX is one detector that I've never owned or used. I've always wanted to give one a try, because I've heard so many good things about them.

Do you have one?

tabman

OP
OP
B

Berryman

May 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes: I just picked up a Silver Sabre and had it refreshed by Tesoro. I've only used it once so far, not enough to know how it stacks up against the Golden.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never used the Golden, but I like the SSumax so well that I've had 3 of them and currently still own 2 (one is my wife's).
luvsdux

bayou bandit

Feb 9, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax,Whites 3900/D Pro series, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and cen- tec pinpointer (doing it on the cheap)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ipod 024.JPG Ipod 023.JPG I have a Silver Sabre and really like it but have never used the Golden. I've had a few people make me an offer for it but I just can't let it go.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
What I like best about the golden are the 4 tones. Question: Which of the other Tensor's are multi tone?

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
What I like best about the golden are the 4 tones. Question: Which of the other Tensor's are multi tone?

I own and use the Golden micro max. It has the older tone configuration that follows the conductivity range. Some people complain that the two middle tones are too close, but I think with use, this issue goes away. On the Golden, you can use the notch width nob to shift the two middle tones up or down on the conductivity scale. It's a pretty nice feature.

To answer your question, I believe Tesoro makes or made only three other machines with multi tones. The older Pantera has a nice two tone feature with tone break, meaning you can adjust where the two tone change occurs. Good luck finding one of these! The Euro Sabre has an Iron audio feature that sounds off with a lower tone on iron. Tesoro still makes these, but only for the European market (no fair!). Then there is the Cortes that has eight tones when you hold the SUM mode toggle switch in place.

This is my understanding of these machines, someone please correct me if I am wrong or left a machine out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread