good box, with a weird patern (pics. added)

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yesterday i picked up my usual box. i knew it would be a good one. for me the good ones are the boxes that they don't stamp the date on them. well this was the weird part. i looked at the ends of the rolls. there was 2 walkers and 4 40%s showing. the rest were the normal clad on both ends. so i started to open . everyone with a silver showing had at least 4 silvers in there. mostly 90%ers at that ;D then the rest of the clad showing box only had 3 more 40%ers and 1 walker.

i total i got:
14 40%ers
19 90%ers
5 walkers
8 Benni.
6 1964s
one of the walkers was drilled to. it was a nice 1943-S. i think it was done along time ago thought, if you look the inside of the hole is just as black as the coin. someone in the 1940s or 1950s was probally collecting alittle silver from each coin and the returning them back to cirulation and making a few $$ from the silver.

Attachments

• IMG_0124.JPG
    IMG_0124.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0125.JPG
    IMG_0125.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 239
Upvote 0
Awesome box WS. Congrats. Thirteen pre 64's is just excellent for a box. I hope your next one is that good.

That one Walker with the two holes looks almost like it was used for a button.

I know you are an expert WS, but it may be an error. If the holes appear to have been punched BEFORE the coin acquired its whear, then you might want to check it out. Try a coin store/show. Also, Is the other side of the coin accross from where the wholes are normal or is the surface raised? If it is raised, then it is NOT an error.

HH!

-CC

coolcash2004 said:
I know you are an expert WS, but it may be an error. If the holes appear to have been punched BEFORE the coin acquired its whear, then you might want to check it out. Try a coin store/show. Also, Is the other side of the coin accross from where the wholes are normal or is the surface raised? If it is raised, then it is NOT an error.

HH!

-CC
its not raised on the other end. its just someone drilled it, about half way.
i wish it was a old error ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back