Good day at old site, but need help with one object.

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
2 Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello tnet,

Went back out to the old dumpsite and found some odds and ends. lol I need help with this token due to not having a date on it. in the first picture it is the dark object on the right side above the wheat penny. the last two are of the intended item for identification.

20141206_180852[1].jpg

20141206_184637[1].jpg

20141206_184658[1].jpg

Upvote 6

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, that is interesting. I wonder if it is a merchant's token of some sort. Does it have a date on it?

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's interesting, someone ought to be able to help

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to tell from those pix, is it copper or brass.? Or is it silver, or plated silver?
It almost looks like some sort of dime. I'm just guessing, I'm not good at IDing, maybe a counterfeit coin of some type?

Pretty darn cool finds either way, put it on "What is it" forum with better pix and weight, measurements.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wouldn't make sense being a counterfeit because as far as I know there wasn't ever a silver coin that looked like a large cent that was in regular circulation and the back has some letters on it. Could be a silver plated merchant token, but I am not sure if they ever silver plated them or if it is common to do so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread