What's new

Good day maybe Great day?

PullTabPete

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2012
Messages
836
Reaction score
938
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rained most of the day and was able to finish work and get a quick hour in the water. Have had pretty good waves the last few days on Grand Traverse Bay and was getting some more targets than usual in a few areas I hunt a lot. Found some clad and than these

Found this shield thing didn't think too much of it until I cleaned it up a little, I assume maybe a football(soccer) club emblem. Maybe it gold?
shield_resize.webp

Then I found this thing it is about 2 inches long and weighs 1.22oz. No idea what it is, but looks to be hand made.
back.webp
front.webpsideview.webp
scale.webp
 
Upvote 0
It's actually British! It's a lion from the coat of arms!

Kathy (koolaidsmile) :-)
 
The second one is very interesting! Looks to be an old piece of jewelry from Italy maybe

Kathy (koolaidsmile) :-)
 
Great Find You Might want to Post It In What Is it Section And Get it tested for Gold Content It Looks Great In the Picture And Would Look great Up top In the Banner Chug
 
Very nice!! Congratulation!!
 
Great Find You Might want to Post It In What Is it Section And Get it tested for Gold Content It Looks Great In the Picture And Would Look great Up top In the Banner Chug

Thanks for the suggestion Chug. My best guess is it some kind of Mexican religious symbol, it looks older but the hole which had a broken golden clasp in it looks modern.

I do have a metals test kit that I haven't tried yet, so will probably do that later this week.

HH

Pete
 
PTP, those are very interesting and intriguing finds!

I 'd love to find a medallion like that.

Lorraine
 
Interesting medallion! It may have golg content, It has good weight.
 
Nice medallion! It sure looks like it could have at least some gold to it.
 
It actually looks to be kinda Egyptian especially with the head dress and the background setting! Is it hard or kinda soft on the surface! If you want a quick easy gold test put some makeup on your arm and rub the piece on it! If it turns black it's gold!

Kathy (koolaidsmile) :-)
 
Neat. Keep us posted if you find the origin.
 
Just digging in to the mystery of the item's history and identity is a treasure within itself! Very cool medallion/commemorative or whatever it may end up being. :icon_thumleft: Very cool when you can find something else to explore.
 
Well the medallion was an interesting item, but sadly not gold. Kind of got my hopes up tested it for 10K and it failed. It was not magnetic and looked to be solid, but not AU. Took it to the local coin shop they used an electrical tester and no luck.

I did post in the what is it? forum as Chug suggested and believe I got a correct answer. Looks like it is a Minoan symbol not an Aztec as I was thinkiing. i thank Tnet member Montauk for his help.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/305298-mexican-religious-symbol.html

HH everyone,

Pete
 
Nice finds .Always fun to find something different. WTG:thumbsup:
 
Well the medallion was an interesting item, but sadly not gold. Kind of got my hopes up tested it for 10K and it failed. It was not magnetic and looked to be solid, but not AU. Took it to the local coin shop they used an electrical tester and no luck.

I did post in the what is it? forum as Chug suggested and believe I got a correct answer. Looks like it is a Minoan symbol not an Aztec as I was thinkiing. i thank Tnet member Montauk for his help.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/305298-mexican-religious-symbol.html

HH everyone,

Pete
Thanks for the update...still a cool find.
 
That was a cool find. Now..... Kathy, that was an interesting way to test gold. Means ill have to carry a makeup bag around ooooorrr as some nice looking lady on the beach if i can barrow her's. BUT you can bet im going to try that method..... where did you get it?

Dew
 
Still a very nice find.:icon_thumleft:
 
"Anticipation is sometimes greater than the reward". Don't know who said that but it's true. I always enjoy finding something out of the norm even if it doesn't have great value.
 
"Anticipation is sometimes greater than the reward". Don't know who said that but it's true. I always enjoy finding something out of the norm even if it doesn't have great value.

It was a really cool find and I would almost say that I was glad isn't gold beacuse I might be tempted to sell it. Nah, I would rather it be gold because I wouldn't sell it anyways.

Evrey day is treasure hunt and I'm loving it, can't wait to get out again.

Pete
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom