What's new

Good day

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2007
Messages
1,801
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Haven't had alot of puter time lately, 4 boxes 7 days a week eats alot of time. I read some posts and make some comments but that is the extent of it.
Today however I even took the time to get pics- no not of halves.
I thought I had finally got some more silver out of the coin counter reject, 1872 coin- thought it was foreign since I didn't recognize it right off so surely its silver- not. Worked out better anyways as a nickel/copper American 3 cent piece. According to my overrated Coin Prices magazine in G4 condition is worth $19, anybody care to throw a chance grade at this. May take it to the coin shop and see ifn I can trade it for silver- you know ME haha. BTW my oldest coin to date. HH all, Mark
DSCN1534_edited.jpg

DSCN1537_edited.jpg
 
Upvote 0
I'd keep it if I were you. Since it was free you are not out anything, and it looks like a cool coin. Lot's of history with old coins like that. It looks to be in relatively good condition for such an old coin in that the features are still pretty good and not smoothed out. Maybe it was not circulated too much back then. Probably sat in someone's coin collection/stash until recently.

Jim
 
WTG Mark!!! That is an awesome pickup. I can't remember anyone posting a find of a 3 cent piece in a coin counter reject tray. That is remarkable!!

Come to think of it I can't remember anyone finding one of these at all. GMan would probably know for sure.

Kudos Mark.......well done!!!
 
LJ said:
WTG Mark!!! That is an awesome pickup. I can't remember anyone posting a find of a 3 cent piece in a coin counter reject tray. That is remarkable!!

Come to think of it I can't remember anyone finding one of these at all. GMan would probably know for sure.

Kudos Mark.......well done!!!

I got a 3 cent piece earlier this year from a coin counter reject bin, but it was a silver 3 cent piece rather than the Three Cent Nickel.
 
DrDetector said:
LJ said:
WTG Mark!!! That is an awesome pickup. I can't remember anyone posting a find of a 3 cent piece in a coin counter reject tray. That is remarkable!!

Come to think of it I can't remember anyone finding one of these at all. GMan would probably know for sure.

Kudos Mark.......well done!!!

I got a 3 cent piece earlier this year from a coin counter reject bin, but it was a silver 3 cent piece rather than the Three Cent Nickel.
Thanks for the kudos. Not like I found a gold ring or something but you takes what you get haha.
I was wishin mine was silver but I may have already found someone looking for a nickel one and will be able to get more silver this way. HH Mark
 
DrDetector said:
LJ said:
WTG Mark!!! That is an awesome pickup. I can't remember anyone posting a find of a 3 cent piece in a coin counter reject tray. That is remarkable!!

Come to think of it I can't remember anyone finding one of these at all. GMan would probably know for sure.

Kudos Mark.......well done!!!

Well darn......congrats on your find too DD. That is truley amazing. If you posted it I guess I missed that one.

I got a 3 cent piece earlier this year from a coin counter reject bin, but it was a silver 3 cent piece rather than the Three Cent Nickel.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom