What's new

Good Deal? (Selling Halves)

corey237

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2010
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Went down to the local coin shop to see what they were paying for 40% & 90% halves. Prices were 7.5 & 20.7 X face. Is that reasonable?
 
Upvote 0
You can do better.....Matt
 
What is better? I pretty much would trade for silver eagles and then I don't have to pay sales taxes. I know I could get more for them on ebay but after fees and sales tax on the Eagles I think it would be cheaper
 
I called the coin exchange where I have sold in the past. They are paying $4.06 for 40%er's and 22X's on 90% plus $24 for silver dollar.....Matt
 
for a coin dealer to pay that, that is fair. most coin dealers here still pay 17-18 x face, some even stuck on 16x

but you can sell them on ebay and get more , even after fees.

if you're willing to sell at 20.7, i'll pay you 21.25. pm me if you're interested
 
Coin dealers are just a middle man.. you down grade your stuff and up grade theirs for selling. A reasonable number would be $4.00 per 40%er & $10.00 per 90%er. You might be able to get some more than that for 90%ers depending on location.
 
I am just going to hang on to them for now. Went back in tonight to get my kid some stuff and he was at 8 & 21.5 X face.
 
I just recently sold 10-40s for $4.60 each and 10-90s for $10.59. I was happy with that price.

Hell.. I only paid $.50 each lol
 
Just PM Me when your ready to sell. I'll Buy em all for over the coin guy.
JD
 
corey237 said:
Went down to the local coin shop to see what they were paying for 40% & 90% halves. Prices were 7.5 & 20.7 X face. Is that reasonable?

When it comes time to sell, I'm 99.99% positive you'll make more money by avoiding coin shops. Most can't pay anywhere near spot as they have to make a profit. You'll do better at coin shows, the big metal exchanges, and/or right here on this forum.

As far as trading, at least in my experience, coin shops want to profit off you at both ends. What I mean is that they will want full retail price for their items while only giving you a fraction of what your items are worth.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom