S

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the ok for a 1906 house yesterday. After 4hrs of fun I dug up 3 silver dimes (1 merc & 2 Rosie's) 6, I believe foreign coins (Japanese?) some kind of jar lid? and a 10¢ trade token. Any info on the token would be great. Thanks in advance and for looking.

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
The Whitesboro token is listed in Chadwick's OK token book, but with no historical information. Interestingly, only the 10¢ denomination is listed - typically a general merchandise store would have a "set" of 5¢ through $1 and possibly other denominations. General store tokens were at the peak of their popularity 1910-1930. This piece is also listed on tokencatalog where an image is wanted. I'd ask that you post your pictures there, or with your permission, I could post them.
John in the Great 208

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your porcelain sealing cap looks similar to the "Boyd's genuine porcelain lined cap". Used for canning/jarring. I'd need better photos on the coins to be of any help.

OP
OP
S

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Idahotokens, yes fill free to post a pic of the token on tokencatalog if you could. With my pic. hope that helps out some other token enthusiasts and adds another page to our history books.

OP
OP
S

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cudamark, thanks for the reply. I will get some better photos of the coins asap.

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
It is on tokencatalog now. Thanks!
Idahotokens, yes fill free to post a pic of the token on tokencatalog if you could. With my pic. hope that helps out some other token enthusiasts and adds another page to our history books.

OP
OP
S

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I can't get a good pic. to show up, but on the back side of the coin it reads: The Republic of China. Also there are two different styles of coin.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    604.4 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    700.8 KB · Views: 59

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread