OP
DeadElvis

DeadElvis

Apr 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh well, no responses yet so I'll tell about my recent hunt.

I'm not sure it's legal to hunt there, but I searched the walking park somewhat behind Walgreens. NE of where the King Edward plant used to be, adjacent to the L&N tracks. I know the area has been graded lately, but the hardwoods near the tracks are older than the park.

I found a lot of trash, cans, old bed springs and sections of fence.

If it's not legal to hunt there, it should be. The soil is soft and refilling my divots was easy. I thought I might find something interesting. When I was a kid there was a motel in that area. Palomino I think.

That was a while ago. "Big K" was where Big Lots is and Eckerd Drugs was where Pet Depot is. You could get a grilled cheese in the Eckerd store made by an old lady in a hair net :) I think the Big K was roofed by a tornado in the 70's.

Anyway, my hunt was a wash, probably due to my inexperience.

chefrider

Feb 11, 2007
N ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
A T PRO
Just a quick note before I turn in, Welcome to the lunacy we call treasure hunting. Glad to see someone getting out. I don't get to hunt much this time of year, I do a lot of gardening and this the busy time what with spring coming about two months early. Sheesh. I'll get back at it when I catch up and we can eyeball each other over a coffee or sump'n..HH

OP
OP
DeadElvis

DeadElvis

Apr 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply CR. Good luck with that garden! You are right about the weather, probably could have planted in February haha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread