What's new

Good luck...but still feel tricked...

fikys

Full Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
131
Reaction score
24
Golden Thread
0
Location
IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Yesterday I went to my main bank where I order two boxes of half dollars each week. I came after the lobby was closed, so I when to the drive through and asked for my boxes. They said that they have only one. I said "fine" and purchased that one. I opened it in the car and saw a Walking Liberty dollar on top of one roll. It was the first Walking Liberty half I found in CRH! So, immediately I drove to another branch of the same bank where they themselves suggested last week to order 2 boxes for me per week. The lobby was closed but they told me that they will bring my two boxes to the front door. It took them a while and when the teller came with boxes one box was fine but another one was in plastic bag. He said that the box fall on the flour when he was picking it up. I looked in the plastic box and there were some Walking Liberties and Ben halves inside. At home I when through three boxes, and found 11 Bens, 16 Walking Liberties, 16 40% silvers and one Kennedy 90% silver half. One box had no keepers, other two were almost identical with ~20 keepers each Together with those 2 Walking Liberty halves I found this year with MD I am only 2 from complete roll! So this morning I went back to the division where I picked up two boxes and asked if I can exchange broken box for a new complete one. The main teller told me that they don't have any boxes today but another box of halves is coming tomorrow and they can swap tomorrow. Well, not too good but I hope it will still be from the same shelf as other two good boxes. Most interesting part comes when I came today to the first branch (where I picked up only one box) and asked the head teller why I could only pick up one box of two I ordered. She seemed to be surprised and told me that they have 4 boxes that came yesterday. She said that she will check and after she came back she said they do have none now. As she said it was surprising but they sold $2000 of half dollars total yesterday. It is 4 boxes! So, someone purchased 3 boxes and i purchased one! She told me that nothing like that happened ever before and starting from next week they will sign my boxes with my name to make sure no one else picks them. This story sounds strange to me because until boxes with Walking Liberties came nobody was buying boxes from that bank except me. I have an impression that one of the tellers started new box of haves and after seen walking liberty or maybe even Barber in that roll just purchased 3 boxes himself. Well, I still have some good coins from this hunt and will see what happens next week.
 
Upvote 0
Dang tellers anyways haha. If the teller did buy them- I bet you will be buying the dumps before they get more boxes. Better take donuts haha. HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom