What's new

Good mix Indians ( not coins ) silver and a merc

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2015
Messages
1,154
Reaction score
2,556
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was near an old area today lots of Lenape Indians were here it was one of there hunting grounds while digging a target I uncovered an indian knife I think. And a silver disk the knife was deeper than the disk. The silver has a script word on the center front ( I can not read it ) and sterling 879 near the rim So at this point I think I'm on an indian site I start looking at stones lying around and in my holes. I found a smaller arrowhead nice shape too the knife is 2 3/4 inches and the arrowhead is 1 1/2 inch the disk maybe the front of a locket ? Or watch I see one small hole near the rim ? Is 1 5/8 in diameter any info on any of these items would be helpful. Ages on those arrowheads would be cool. Thanks eastcoast image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 10
It looks like part of a monogramed pocket watch. Nice finds, congrats.
 
I agree with Tom--pocket watch cover and quite a nice older one too...the 879 is probably the serial number. The Indian artifacts are great too. Congrats! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom