What's new

Good place for metal detecting?

Brian123

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my town it had an iron works factory that was burned down.That iron works factory was built in the early 1800's I was wondering if this is a good place to metal detect or is it a waste of my time?
 
Also what would I find?
 
If you have access I would get a map of the factory to find out if there was a rest/rec area. Also the entrance where people
stood around. The rest will be covered with iron and small pieces, not worth trying to disc. If you still want to go random
you can spade out an area to get to virgin ground. If that old there would be horse tack and maybe old coins at some place
nearby.
 
No it is not a waste of your time. You will find a lot of metal there. A lot.
 
Brian123 said:
Also what would I find?

Three bottle caps, one Wheat penny, a grommet and thirty six cents in clad.
 
I forgot there is an abandoned rail road tracks and nothing is really closed off.
 
We should I look first abandoned railroad which is next to iron r
Factory or around the iron factory?
 
If the RR tracks are still there, you can probably pick them up with a detector :icon_thumright:

I would tend to think you would find nothing of value at the factory, but I would look to see where they parked their horse and buggy's and check that lot :tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom