Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry man. never hunted dupage. it's off limits as far as I know. Have to stick to private property. Lots of old yards for sure.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I've hunted in a lot of town parks in DuPage County over the years and never had a problem hunting at any of them. There are some excellent old town parks and old towns thereabouts, not to mention anywhere in those older areas where my first love, the sidewalk and street work construction sites may be ongoing. Stay out of Addison, that much I know. Didn't have any problem there but heard from others who did. Can't offer a list of which towns are okay because I don't stay up to date.

My usual practice is to go someplace and find the first passing uniform and ask them where all the good oldies are, they'll let you know what's on their minds regarding MD'ing pretty quick. Also ask park personnel if they've seen anyone else detecting around there lately, also a good way to get a quick answer without sounding like you're worried about whether or not you should be there.

Have fun!

needle n haystack

Dec 20, 2009
Northern, IL
Detector(s) used
Etrac / ctx 30/30
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are places to hunt in Dupage, But your right if it's Dupage county Forrest Preserve it's off limits. City parks can pay off but you can't go calling every park district and ask if it's allowed or there will be no places. Look up there regs on the internet if there's nothing saying it's not allowed then try it ,if they kick you out respect that and move on. If your the type of person that doesn't mind knocking on doors (Private property) you'll own the FOM table at your local club. Remenber it's all in traces you leave don't hunt grass when it's too dry Don't recover a 7" target with a screwdriver don't recover a shallow target with shovel. Good Luck & Good finds!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions