Good sluice for small creeks

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the EZ with the flare it works well. I put it in my backpack and ride my motorcycle.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The angus mackirk grub steak really shocked me at how little water flow it needed to work, of course if you do have a little more flow you could feed it faster and it catches the really small stuff well.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Le Trap does just fine in any flow,especially low flow with no carpets for resistance sure makes a difference. On GoldDredger.com there is a huge thread on the rockies section showing them kickn' arse in REAL low flow catching miniscule specks a fly poop-John

OP
OP
NuggetN8

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went with the ez sluice. Should be delivered some time tomorrow. Can't wait to test it out! I'm sure ill end up buying one of each eventually lol.

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Which ever one can move the most material with the least water flow necessary!
The more material you process the more gold you get which makes you want to process even more material and so on.
It's a vicious cycle

kevin1

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both the E-Z Sluice, and an AM Scout, both will work well for a small low flow creek. I think the Scout has an advantage due to its design, especially for flour sized particles, the riffles on the E-Z will lose some fines, especially if the water velocity increases.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread