Gold belt George
Tenderfoot
- Joined
- Mar 17, 2019
- Messages
- 5
- Reaction score
- 2
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Hi I live in central Virginia (lake Anna) there was quite a lot of mining done here. I am on the search for a sluice that would excel in recovering the fine gold we have around here, most of our gold is locked within pyrites. There are tons of huge quartz rocks the size of water melons scattered about(riddled with iron staining and pyrite inclusions) my only guess is from past mining activity, no exposed veins of rock anywhere to be found. I have access to a few creeks that cut directly across the chipowamastic formation that all the mines in the area were digging at. Is there anybody in my area or deals with similar AU-pyrite deposits that could guide me on a sluice that fits my region best?
Also any advice for a newbie saves me from learning the hard way <3
Thanks in advance
-George
Also any advice for a newbie saves me from learning the hard way <3
Thanks in advance
-George
and I actually think I’m at a bend of an old river on my property, it’s all underground now, was a running creek years ago, I imagine many many years it could have been a full on river. At the minimum the valley of the land from the old tributary curves into the still running river 500 yards away, I’m finding river pebbles all underneath the topsoil, attempting to find where the majority of heavies dumped to confirm my suspicions 



















