27.7 KB · Views: 477
  • Bild 010.jpg
    Bild 010.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 469
  • Bild 011.jpg
    Bild 011.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 461
Upvote 0
Very nice finds mate.WTG.Roman coins Is the best find for every one.

To be honest: I really prefer to find medieval coins (600-1400 AD), but the silver coin is rare since it is an barbarous imitation of a regular roman siliqua.

Glad you are back on Tnet Folkert! I see you are still making great and amazing finds close to home . Be sure to post any nice buttons you get .Always my favorite!! Happy New Year to you and yours. :)

folkert said:
To be honest: I really prefer to find medieval coins (600-1400 AD), but the silver coin is rare since it is an barbarous imitation of a regular roman siliqua.

You bet me too it, I was just going to point that out until I read this :D

I will send this link to Gunner. I think he will be interested.

Good to see you back, wondered where you had gone?

I too have a new site this year but will have to wait for harvest. It has a Roman Villa on it. :)

Hi Birdman and Crusader, its really nice to hear from both of you. I haven't been detecting for some private reasons, but since I started again I made some really nice finds (including some really nice napoleonic buttons).

folkert said:
Hi Birdman and Crusader, its really nice to hear from both of you. I haven't been detecting for some private reasons, but since I started again I made some really nice finds (including some really nice napoleonic buttons).

Glad you have good hunting grounds at this time of year.

I wish I had some good fields left which were not in crop, I will have to wait until Aug :'(. I have been having fun in the local park instead.

Very nice Roman coins and harness mount! Good to hear from you Folkert, HNY and HH, Mike

Hi Mike, great to hear from you again and a happy new year to you and your family, too. But the "harness mount" is an enameled brooch dating to the mid 2nd century AD.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back