What's new

16th century iron buckle

folkert

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
392
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Germany
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero Germany
Found this morning: an incredible iron buckle, dating to the 16th century.
 

Attachments

  • Bild 007.webp
    Bild 007.webp
    9.2 KB · Views: 396
Upvote 0
That is awesome! 16th Century!!!!! OMG... what agreat place to fog history...

Fantastic find... That iron has maintained... :)
 
Very nice Folkert! I would love to be able to just take a walk with my detector and find something so historical! Good stuff!
 
no kidding the 16th century just amazing.
 
I'm just curious, but how do you know how old it is? Is there a site to look them up on? If so, can I have it? I have an old buckle I would like to ID. Very cool find!!!!! ;D
 
Its a beautiful piece ! held up amazingly well for 600 +/- years in the ground !

How deep was it ? Way cool iron find Folkert !!
D.
 
Usually, iron finds don't make me drool...but I'm drooling!

-Buckleboy
 
@felinepeachy: here's on british site on buckles: http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ceejays_site/pages/buckletitlepage.htm

The buckle was practically on the surface, about 2-3 ins down, on a site which has produces coins and artefacts from Roman times to Napoleonic wars (lots of musket balls, buckles and fragmented arms, regimental buttons etc.).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom