TreasureHunters

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyways back to the topic, I went yesterday and today, got 50 lbs of stuff yesterday and 45 lbs today, haven't sorted out today's but yesterday listed a bunch on Amazon, already sold a sonic the hedgehog game for $6, sealed little mermaid VHS for $14 and a Sims 2 Mac game c.d. with jewel case for $52 :) paid for my trip and the rest is profit. :) My wife seen a lady next to her fish out a ring and test it right there and put it in a bag in her cart ;/ next time I go I will try to take a pic for those that have never seen one, it gets CRAZY in there!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
anyways back to the topic, I went yesterday and today, got 50 lbs of stuff yesterday and 45 lbs today, haven't sorted out today's but yesterday listed a bunch on Amazon, already sold a sonic the hedgehog game for $6, sealed little mermaid VHS for $14 and a Sims 2 Mac game c.d. with jewel case for $52 :) paid for my trip and the rest is profit. :) My wife seen a lady next to her fish out a ring and test it right there and put it in a bag in her cart ;/ next time I go I will try to take a pic for those that have never seen one, it gets CRAZY in there!

Just out of curiosity... How much of the stuff do you end up throwing away or donating right back to GW? I couldn't imagine buying almost 100 pounds of stuff from there. The one local to me is pretty much junk, junk, and stuff that should have just been tossed in the trash.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just out of curiosity... How much of the stuff do you end up throwing away or donating right back to GW? I couldn't imagine buying almost 100 pounds of stuff from there. The one local to me is pretty much junk, junk, and stuff that should have just been tossed in the trash.
I would think that's how they get rid of the stuff that isn't "fit" for the shelves, so to speak, clothing wise anyway, I don't know about bric-a-brac. JMHO

OP
OP
TreasureHunters

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

actually about 10% the rest we either use or give to one of the 3 kids, mostly i buy toys and stuffed animals and they always usually sell..

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a thrift store by me that gets their trucks in on Saturday morning. They but out the high end hand bags in the afternoon. If you try to grab one before they are actually placed on the shelf they will throw you out of the store. I went to watch this one day and it was like watching a group of pigeons fighting over a french fry. Crazy. I guess to get a expensive bag for $20 bucks it is worth it. I was told one woman buys as much as she can get then sells them in a store she owns. I prefer to find the items that everyone walks past that turn out to be worth a small fortune without getting my hands dirty in a tug of war.

NJ

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to add, when I got the check from the auction, I donated $500 of it back to the store I bought it in, cause you know...karma! Lol

You are a rare breed! But why not roll the dice again for the karma. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread