What's new

Goodwill score part deux but WTH?

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2009
Messages
2,818
Reaction score
3,358
Golden Thread
0
Location
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We hit a couple Goodwill stores in my area on Sunday, one of which was was the location I scored 62+ grams of sterling for $6. There was lots of new artwork available and I noticed that several of the really nice pieces from last week were gone. This store is a pickers paradise. Picked up a few odds and ends and my fiance found some really nice shirts but nothing much to brag about here.

We then drove about 15 miles to the next location and I found these 18" Alexander Backer chalkware statues signed by Hip, (Hippolyte) Moreau priced at $3 each. Pulled the trigger after some quick in-store research.

Only a half hour ago I identified the Hip Moreau signature which allowed me to expand my research. I discovered several examples of one of my statues online, (the blue/green one) but none of them were painted like mine. They looked more like my other one but even on that one there is paint that just doesn't seem to belong.

On my blue/green statue the girl is holding a bouquet of roses but they are colored several hues of brown? Here are my statues and an example of what I'm seeing on the 'net:

20180226_061038.webp
20180226_061130.webp
20180226_061153.webp

And here is the online example:

s-l500.webp
 
Great Finds. Congrats
 
Congratulations on the silver and beautiful statue. :occasion14:
 
Very nice treasure. Now monetize it and find more.

Cheers

1EED7B15-B762-475F-8ABA-3276FE8A7BCA.webp
 
Very nice treasure. Now monetize it and find more.

Cheers

View attachment 1556069

If I discover the pair of statues have been improperly painted then profit is gone unless I can restore them.
The sterling from the previous visit is ready to be scrapped.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom