Gorham, 8lbs...of bronze

HistoryTeacher

Mar 9, 2017
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walked the aisles of one of my local GWs twice before I thought to look at these. They were in the back on a lower shelf, and I don't usually give bookends a second glance. Who needs them anymore? When I felt the weight of them, I decided to buy them ($7.00) figuring I could probably get $50 for them. At worst, I could scrap them. I didn't give them a close look until I was checking out. That is when I saw the "Gorham" mark. When I got to the car I looked them up on ebay and found this listing https://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-ZIEGLER-GORHAM-USA-ARCHITECTURAL-BRONZE-ARCH-DOOR-WINDOW-BOOK-BOOKENDS/400877743905?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649. $1300 seems way too optimistic to me. Anyone have thoughts on the best way list them (BIN or auction)? I try to be patient on my flips so maybe I should just see if the one currently listed sells? I can't find any sold listings. Also, can anyone help with Gorham's code #0526?

IMG_0767_edited-1.jpg
IMG_0768_edited-1.jpg
IMG_0769_edited-1.jpg
IMG_0771_edited-1.jpg

Those are beautiful. I’d list them almost as high as the others and perhaps set the market value. If you are patient enough though.

Beautiful castings. Love the patina.

Great find, congratulations! :occasion14:

Those are awesome, as a book nerd I don't know if I'd be able to sell them... That is, until my wife found out what they were worth!

Sweet score! Happy for your Treasure find!6AA68570-69E9-48C0-848D-D280BF29C815.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back