R Ripcon Hero Member Joined Sep 4, 2016 Messages 725 Reaction score 1,246 Golden Thread 0 Location Mississippi Detector(s) used Tesoro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 13, 2018 #1 I found this brass/copper item in a civil war camp today in west central Mississippi. It looks so familiar but I just can't seem to place it. Does anyone know what this is or what it went to? I've attached several photo angles.
I found this brass/copper item in a civil war camp today in west central Mississippi. It looks so familiar but I just can't seem to place it. Does anyone know what this is or what it went to? I've attached several photo angles.
creskol Gold Member Joined Jan 14, 2007 Messages 13,882 Reaction score 23,354 Golden Thread 2 🥇 Banner finds 2 Primary Interest: Other Oct 13, 2018 #2 It looks like the blade guard from a folding fleam. Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 Upvote 0
R Ripcon Hero Member Joined Sep 4, 2016 Messages 725 Reaction score 1,246 Golden Thread 0 Location Mississippi Detector(s) used Tesoro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 13, 2018 Thread Owner #3 creskol said: It looks like the blade guard from a folding fleam. Click to expand... I believe you are right. Thanks. I knew I had seen something like this before in books, other collections, etc. but I think you are right. Upvote 0
creskol said: It looks like the blade guard from a folding fleam. Click to expand... I believe you are right. Thanks. I knew I had seen something like this before in books, other collections, etc. but I think you are right.