What's new

Got 2 boxes of dimes to go through (update)

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
1,915
Reaction score
120
Golden Thread
0
Location
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first attempt at dime boxes. I've had some luck with customer dime rolls. How many silvers will a dime box average?? I will let you all know how it goes.
I only got them because none of my banks had halves, so I thought I'd give it a shot.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Got 2 boxes of dimes to go through

From what I read on here, I'd expect 1-2 Rosies per box. I've done 8 boxes total, although none in a few months, and only found 2 total.

Good luck!
 
Re: Got 2 boxes of dimes to go through

Tbob, here are my stats for this year. 1.8 silver dimes per box, $12,900 searched. 35% HR, 65% boxes. They average about the same for me.

72 Roosevelts
6 Winged Libertys
14 Canadian, (12 pre-'65, including a 1900)

I really slacked off after March of this year, picking up a bag here and HR's there.
2 years ago, I scored 6 barber dimes in a 12-box order.
Dimes are a blast, but it wears on you after awhile, and I really only edge search, although I scored a late clad proof last year.

Good luck if you concentrate on 'em
 
Re: Got 2 boxes of dimes to go through

Ya, only rim search, cuz if u date check u will die of a headache. i will usually get 1 silver for every 1-2 boxes searched, but thats below average. also pull any really shiny rims to check for 2009 & 2010 dimes. good luck, and i hope u score more than i usually do.
:) -CHAINCHOMP
 
Re: Got 2 boxes of dimes to go through

gl
 
Re: Got 2 boxes of dimes to go through

Ok, I searched them here are the results.
canadian 10 dimes, all from 2001-2008. 2 of them I believe are proofs, they have a weird emblem at the bottom of the obverse side. Not sure what the emblem is, but I've seen it on canadian quarters, I haven't seen many canadian coins with the emblem. In my book, they are worth more than the regular.
I found a 1992 10 cent mexican coin, kinda cool.
And a couple rosies. 1963 and 64. So I got a little silver.

If anyone knows what the deal is with those canadian dimes with the weird emblem, let me know.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom